Homemade Dish Detergent Recipe

I am looking for homemade dish detergent recipes.

By zinniaguy from MO

Homemade Dish Detergent Recipe

Start with plain bicarb (baking soda). For stubborn food, use it straight on your washcloth or sponge. If you don't soak all dishes and bowls right away, you may have to go to washing soda (that's the carbonate, not bicarbonate) and/or borax. These are stronger, so I prefer the soak method.

And why do this instead of the dollar store remedy? You spend 99c-$1, plus gas, plus time, and get you-know-not-what for the trouble. Bicarb is cheaper, with multiple uses, and less stress on hands. End with vinegar rinse if you like.

For a machine? I save water (yes, even over the more economical dishwashers now sold) by hand washing, so I don't have an answer. (10/01/2009)

By peseta

Someone loading dishes into a dishwasher.
Homemade Dishwasher Detergent Recipes
liquid laundry soap
Homemade Liquid Laundry Detergent Recipes
Liquid Dishwasher Detergent
Making Liquid Dishwasher Detergent
Dishwasher Cubes
Making Dishwasher Cubes
Wheelbarrow Flower Decoration
Crafts Using Laundry Detergent Scoops