How can I get rid of lady bugs in my house?

Pat from KY

Answers:

Are these the Asian beetles which invade this time of year? Either way, I vacuum them up, then rubber band a piece of plastic wrap or a baggie over the end of the hose so they can't get out, just in case they try.

If they are real lady bugs, catch them in an empty plastic 2 ltr bottle and release them outside as they are good for the outdoors. (10/23/2006)

By mikki

These are the Asian transplants, not the real ladybugs? You can tell by their coloring (orangy) and their spots are not rounded. They bite! Be careful. Not the cute ladybugs we used to play with when we were kids. They are coming in to hibernate in the warm house. I just grab them with a tissue, or vacuum them up, like the other lady said. They will be in your walls all winter until spring. They're a nuisance. (10/23/2006)

By BJ-Houghton from Lake, MI

Ladybugs are beneficial. You can vacuum them up or better if you sweep them up and toss outside. To keep them out find where they are entering the house and close off the opening. Do not squash them as they can give off an odor. (10/23/2006)

By Dean

Someone told me to burn vanilla candles. They come in mostly in my laundry room. I have a very large candle. I burn it in the laundry room for long periods with the door shut. I did it a few weeks ago, and I don't see them hardly at all.

(11/01/2006)

By Linda

Being a redneck, I know quite a bit about duct tape, not just any duct tape, Duck brand duct tape. I took my Swiffer sweeper and wrapped duct tape on it sticky side up, it works wonderfully. I also hung strips of duct tape all around the ceiling light and left the light on, this worked great too. You have to be sure to dump them in a plastic bag that zips or ties to assure they don't get out. It helps on the inside, but the outside is another story. Try boric acid around window seals where children cannot get into it. (10/21/2009)

By WV lady

Getting Rid of Lady Bugs
Getting Rid of Lady Bugs
Ladybug on a blade of grass
Lady Bug Photos and Information
Smashed bugs on front of car
Cleaning Love Bugs from Cars
Removing Bugs from Your Car
Removing Bugs from Your Car
Housefly.
Keeping Bugs from Coming in The House
🎉
🎄