Infestation Of Tiny Ants

How do I get rid of tiny red ants? My home is sprayed every three months inside and out for any insects. I have not seen any other insects, except for tiny red ants. They are everywhere, throughout the kitchen and in unopened packages of food. They are in every room of the house. They are around the plumbing, the sinks, even on the beds, and around my computer.

I had to replace my 9 month old printer because they made a nest inside it. They are the size of the very tip of a ball point pen and they do not bite. Only when a few gather together or make a trail can you even notice them. I live in south Texas just outside of Corpus Christi. Please help me get rid of these ants.

By A Galloway from Mathis, TX just north of Corpus Christi, TX

Answers:

Infestation Of Tiny Ants

Spray with insect spray. Maybe you don't need to pay someone to spray in and out of your house. Put the unopened stuff in freezer, good luck. (12/27/2009)

By kffrmw88

Infestation Of Tiny Ants

Karo syrup and about 10% 20 Mule eam Borax, warm and shake to dissolve. Dribble in areas that pets and wildlife cannot get to. In cracks, between boards, back of cupboards, etc. Workers will eat and carry back to nest. Queens have to be destroyed. They live up to 20 years, all the while producing other queens. Let the workers eat and carry back to nest. It can take a week, sometimes a little more for multiple colonies. Works on most ant colonies. Also, it is safe. (12/28/2009)

By muttmom

Infestation Of Tiny Ants

Go to a home improvement store like Home Depot and ask them to show you the ant motels. They are put out by the same company that puts out the roach motels. They are little traps that you place around where you see them and they will be gone in a couple of days. I think Raid makes them. They work like a charm. (12/29/2009)

By eveh

Infestation Of Tiny Ants

Sprinkle Sweet n Low and Nutra Sweet around. Ants carry it back to their nest. It's cheap and won't hurt to try. (07/25/2010)

By md1555

Infestation Of Tiny Ants
Getting Rid of Ants
Getting Rid of Ants
Ants on a Trumpet Vine
Keeping Ants Off a Trumpet Vine
spoonful of sugar
Can You Use Sugar Contaminated By Ants?
Flying ant on a white background.
Getting Rid of Flying Ants
🎄
🍂