Keeping Clothes Dyed Black From Fading

How do you set the dye in a new black Chef's jacket? I don't want this to fade out.

By Doris from Roanoke, VA

Keeping Clothes Dyed Black From Fading

Thank you everyone! I have heard about the salt before, but have never tried this method. Vinegar,
well I've never heard about this, but I think I will try this for now. (08/29/2010)

By fox1

Keeping Clothes Dyed Black From Fading

After you set the black with the vinegar method in the other post, check your grocery store or discount store where you buy laundry detergent; several brands have come out with formulas specifically designed for dark clothes. Woolite even has one; Cheer and Tide come to mind, but you should check to see what you have locally for your use. Good luck! (08/31/2010)

By Ginnywest

Keeping Dark Clothes From Fading
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Black Widow Spider Costume
underside of Black Widow Spider
Getting Rid of Black Widow Spiders
dark jeans
Fading Dark Jeans