Killing Ants in the House

Because I have pets, I hate using toxic pesticides anywhere where they might be. I also hate the smell. The hot weather has brought out the ants in my house. I discovered that the vinegar/water mix I use to clean windows kills ants instantly. Other than wiping away the dead ants, I don't even have to mop or clean the area. The vinegar odor evaporates as the vinegar does, usually just a few minutes.

By Linda from Vista, CA

Killing Ants in the House

It's best not to let the ants in in the first place. If you can find out where they are making their way inside, sprinkle cinnamon there. They won't cross it.(07/27/2006)

By Susabelle

Killing Ants in the House

I hear that Alka Seltzer tablets will kill ants as well. Just put them where you find the ants and they will eat away and somehow it kills them. I hope this helps you out. (09/20/2008)

By bahacker1974

Killing Ants in the House
Getting Rid of Ants
Getting Rid of Ants
Ants on a Trumpet Vine
Keeping Ants Off a Trumpet Vine
spoonful of sugar
Can You Use Sugar Contaminated By Ants?
Flying ant on a white background.
Getting Rid of Flying Ants