Make Cinnamon Ornaments For Christmas

When making long lasting, nicely scented Christmas decorations with the kids, mix white school glue and LOTS of cinnamon (until you get a doughy consistency). Roll this out and use your favorite holiday cookie cutters to cut out shapes for ornaments! Make a hole in the 'cookie' with a straw, then bake in the oven at a low temp until the ornaments are dry. When rolling out your dough, use more cinnamon as the 'flour' you would otherwise use when rolling cookies for cutting. After the ornaments are dried, string colorful ribbon through the hole, hang and enjoy! I made my first set of these almost 20 years ago and I can still smell them!

If you don't want to dry them in the oven, you can sit them in a sunny window, undisturbed, for a week or more to air dry.

By Sherry from Greenville, Ohio

Answers:

Make Cinnamon Ornaments For Christmas

I have used this recipe plus a little water to make a clay that can be modeled into ornaments or small figurines that make unique gifts for collectors. (10/07/2007)

By Jeanne

Make Cinnamon Ornaments For Christmas

Sounds great, I might try this with my 8 year olds:) (11/09/2007)

By Nina from Norway

Make Cinnamon Ornaments For Christmas

I made these ornaments years ago. I actually forgot about these until now while trying to think of an inexpensive gift for the girls in my office. Thanks for still having the recipe. (12/02/2008)

By Connie

Cinnamon Applesauce Christmas Ornaments
bell shaped cookie Christmas ornament
Making Cinnamon Applesauce Christmas Ornaments
Ground Cinnamon
Sugar Free Cinnamon and Sugar Recipes
A salt dough ornament on a Christmas tree.
Making Salt Dough Ornaments
Fabric Can Lid Ornaments Finished
Tin Can Christmas Ornaments
🎉
🎄