Make Your Own Vegetable Wash

I am looking for a recipe to use for washing fruits and vegetables to remove spray residues.

By Ben from The Plains, OH

Answers:

Make Your Own Vegetable Wash

I would not trust the FDA and any of their suggestions for the life of me. Vinegar and water is what I use. I'm hesitant to pay the extra price for organic produce because I wonder if it really is. The only sure way to know is to grow it yourself if you have the space, time, and patience; which I don't. (12/22/2010)

By TXBetty

Make Your Own Vegetable Wash

A cup of simple vinegar in a sink full of water and then rinse. It's best to not wash any fruit or veggie that doesn't have a thick skin until just before using unless you are going to completely dry them before storing otherwise they go bad more quickly (example: lettuce, green onions, berries, etc. go bad more quickly if they are damp). (12/22/2010)

By Deeli

Vegatables being washed in a sink.
Homemade Vegetable Wash Recipes
A bowl of fresh vegetable soup.
Making Vegetable Broth
washing fruits and veggies
Washing Fruits and Vegetables
Watering plants in a vegetable garden.
Troubleshooting Your Vegetable Garden
Homemade Body Wash in a Bottle
Homemade Body Wash Recipes
🎉
🎄