Making a Sports Jersey Quilt

A great memory quilt can be made for your sports enthusiast or athlete from a sports jersey collection. This is a guide about making a sports jersey quilt.

Sports Jerseys
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Will the edges of the jersey fray if not tucked under?

By Claudia

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Probably not, but the raw edges of your seams may curl. Also zigzag seam finish would just make it look more finished.

Read More Answers...

I took all the softball jerseys from my granddaughter's years of playing softball and made her a huge quilt from them. She cherishes this quilt and it brings back lots of memories for her.

By Ruby

CommentMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I am unable to locate instructions, to create a jersey quilt, out of fire dept. jersey shirts. Can you recommend a link of instructions?

Thank you, Laura

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I just watched a show on TV that I think might apply to you called : "Quilting with Special Fabrics", on a PBS TV show called "America Quilts Creatively". And, because jersey is a knit & stretches somewhat, I'd follow the directions for the "minky" fabric, because "minky" is slippery, can't be ironed & it stretches quite a bit, what they did was use a light weight interfacing under it to stabilize it.

HERE'S WHERE YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE NOTES FROM THAT SHOW: (705 Quilting Special Fabrics)

http://www.americaquiltscreatively.com/projects_detail.asp?id=86

---> Hey, just in case you've never seen this show, It's REALLY good! And I don't even quilt! But at towards end of the show, the have a "technology" segment & I really like that! Not only do they teach you how to use quilting software for your computer, they show you how to do fun & unusual kinds of sewing projects. Lots of great ideas too!

Read More Answers...

Take the jerseys you have accumulated and make them into quilt squares. This is a neat keepsake. My son is in hockey and has a lot of jerseys. I am saving them and making squares out of them as he goes on. Each year could be a square (including practice, game and camp jerseys). It is such a neat idea.

By Crystal

Crafts QuiltingOctober 22, 2012
Girl in a red coat giving to the Salvation Army.
New Jersey Christmas Charities
Paper pieced quilt top, endless chains pattern.
Making a Paper Pieced Quilt
A pile of old photos.
Making a Photo Quilt
A variety of sports equipment
Saving Money on Sports Equipment for School
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 29, 2016 at 7:07:08 AM on 10.0.0.156 in 282 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.