Mildew Smell In Car

I have just recently bought a 1995 Monte Carlo from my grandparents. It has been sitting closed up in Maryland for a little over a year. I brought it down to Florida and for the first few months I have had no problems. About two or three months ago I started noticing a musty or mildew smell. Not long after my bf starting telling me that every time I get out of my car I smell like that.

I'm a very clean person and my car reflects that. Every Tuesday on my day off I clean it out from head to toe. I use the sprinkle and vacuum air freshener in hopes it will help. That of course only lasts a couple hours and the smell comes back. I've never left my windows down in the rain and I never leave trash in there. Tomorrow I'm trying Damp Rid, but if that does not work what should I try next?

Kelly from FL

Mildew Smell In Car

Try coal, the little square kind you put in an outdoor non gas grill OR bowls of vinegar and leave the windows up as long as possible. The vinegar smells horrible for a bit, but it is well worth it. (12/03/2008)

By SueQ

Mildew Smell In Car

This is for after all the water is out of the floor and walls. Pour coffee grounds from the package onto a cookie sheet and leave overnight in the car. The coffee is still fit to use as beverage. (12/03/2008)

By kimhis

Mildew Smell In Car

Try spraying it with some What Odor? It completely got rid of the fish smell in my car after someone poured fish oil in my a/c vents. Really works great. Had me saying What Odor?

By boyoiman

RE: Mildew Smell In Car

Mildew Smell In Car
Mildew Smell in Car
Getting Rid of Mildew Smell in a Car
Cleaning up Mildew From Wood
Removing Mildew from Wood
big cat in a car
Removing Cat Urine Smell From Car Interior
Photo of a tent set up in the woods.
Removing Mildew from a Tent