Oak Cabinets With Hardwood Flooring

I have oak cabinets and oak hardwood flooring the kitchen. What color paint would look good on the walls?

Robin from Litchfield, Ohio

Answers:

Oak Cabinets With Hardwood Flooring

I think the color you paint your kitchen would depend on the color of the adjoining room. You would want something to compliment that color or maybe a deeper shade of the same color. They say red stimulates the appetite. That might be a good color for your kitchen. (03/20/2007)

By auntieM39

Oak Cabinets With Hardwood Flooring

My kitchen also has oak cabinets, oak wainscoting half way up the walls, and oak laminate flooring. The appliances are white. You did not mention the color of the countertops, and the paint should coordinate with those, as well as the adjoining room(s).

My counter tops are tomato red, the back splash is tile of the same color. The walls and ceiling are painted a true white, then sponge painted tomato red over the white. It is bright without being overwhelming. The next time I paint, it will be white ceiling and medium bright blue walls. Or I may wallpaper in a print with red, white and blue in it. I have found that one basic color scheme allows a number of variations.

The adjoining room is the dining room, and it is painted white with dark pine trim. The area rug in there matches the runner in the kitchen, having red and blue in the pattern. In summer, the rugs come up and the floors are bare. Ceiling fan/light fixtures are white in both rooms. What ever you decide, enjoy your new kitchen. (03/21/2007)

By jean

Oak Cabinets With Hardwood Flooring

I, myself, would go with an earth tone. Very light in color depending on countertops, appliances, as well as adjoining rooms. (07/18/2008)

By EJ

Oak Cabinets With Hardwood Flooring
Red Chair on Hardwood Floor
Keeping Furniture from Sliding on Hardwood Floors
Engineered Hardwood Floor
Repairing Water Damage on an Engineered Hardwood Floor
Someone mopping hardwood floors
Cleaning Hardwood Floors
White painted kitchen cabinets.
Cleaning Painted Cabinets
🎉
🎄