Painting Dark Wood a Light Color

I have an old house with "knotty" wood pine walls which are very dark in color. I don't think they were stained, although I can't swear to that. How can I get them to a light grey color?

By MJR

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

You might have to lightly sand the paneling, then put a coat of primer on it, and then paint it a light grey.

I had an entire room like that. It was very dark. Some people might have thought painting it was a mistake, but I have no regrets. I primed it well first, twice, and then painted it. Ten years later and the paint is still holding up.

Excuse my ignorance, but what it primer? I live in Europe and do not know exactly what that means but I sure do need to paint some dark painted wood.

Thanks.

Home and Garden Home Improvement PaintingJune 6, 2011
Light Colored Carpet
Paint Color to Coordinate With Light Colored Carpet
Painting Walls a Dark Color
Painting Walls a Dark Color
Best Christmas Light Shows. House decorated in white Christmas lights
Best Christmas Light Shows
sweat stain on dark clothing
Perspiration Stains on Dark Clothing
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 3:35:54 PM on 10.0.0.82 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.