Product Review: Dryer Balls

The hard plastic dryer balls you can purchase to supposedly dry your clothes faster in the dyer don't work! My laundry takes about the same amount of time to dry in the dryer whether I use them or not.

By Susan from Giddings, TX

Answers:

Product Review: Dryer Balls

Same here. Didn't help laundry dry any faster and I spent most of my time looking for them in the laundry. They kept getting stuck in the sleeves of my husbands long sleeve shirts. I've had mine for about 6 months and they are not blue anymore, they are turning black.. (08/07/2008)

By dixie35481

Product Review: Dryer Balls

I have been using mine for two years and they are meant to replace the dryer sheets not to make the drying time less. I find them work well for this. I never have to use dryer sheets anymore and my clothes are static free and soft. I got my "balls" from the shopping channel, and they are still blue. (08/08/2008)

By artena

Product Review: Dryer Balls

How about "killing 2 birds with one stone" in the laundry dept and placing a child's favorite medium or large stuffed toy in the dryer to help absorb the moisture? If the dryer load is started before the child's bedtime soon enough so at lights out - the toy comes out of the dryer warm and even more snuggly and comfy! The laundry doing time could be assigned at a time when this could work out with perfect timing so the dryer load is done when it's bed time! (08/08/2008)

By melody_yesterday

Product Review: Dryer Balls

I bought 4 tennis balls in a container at the 99 cent store. I put 2 in the dryer and the clothes come out nice and soft. They don't cut the drying time down any, Rosalie (08/08/2008)

By Rosalie

Product Review: Dryer Balls

I don't find much use for them either. Oh well, I only paid $9.99. Lesson learned! (08/08/2008)

By

Product Review: Dryer Balls

I quit using them after about 3 months of use. They were damaging the clothes whether they were new or old. They started putting holes in things and tearing at my bath towels. That was over a year ago and I haven't had the problem again since I quit using them. I bought some used tennis ball at a garage sale and this article is a reminder for me to use them. (08/09/2008)

By Nancy Lauren

Product Review: Dryer Balls

I like mine. I've been able to totally eliminate dryer sheets and fabric softener. (08/09/2008)

By Sharon from FL

Product Review: Dryer Balls

I disagree. Two dryer balls in my dryer with wet clothes cut down the drying time by 20%. Less lint, less static cling, and everything is nice and soft! (08/11/2008)

By Cathy

Product Review: Dryer Balls

I like my dryer balls. As I understand it - They were meant to eliminate the use of fabric softener and make clothes soft in the dryer. They do the job. I have been using them for over 2 years and they are still blue.
Rosie from Austin, TX (01/28/2009)

By Rosie

A pile of yellow tennis balls.
Saving Money on Tennis Balls
Photo of an angel craft made form used dryer sheets.
Making Dryer Sheet Angels
sheep wool dryer balls
Homemade Wool Dryer Balls
Dryer Sheets
Are Dryer Sheets Safe for Birds?
🎄
🍂