Recipes Using Leftover Hot Dog Buns

Do you know of a good use for leftover hot dog buns besides more hot dogs?

Holly from Richardson, TX

Answers:

Recipes Using Leftover Hot Dog Buns

Hi, I use any extra bread for bread pudding or stuffing. (03/27/2008)

By RuralAngel

Recipes Using Leftover Hot Dog Buns

Bread crumb cookies ! (03/27/2008)

By luvmygingerkids

Recipes Using Leftover Hot Dog Buns

They make a good base for a quick and easy meatball sub, or sloppy joes - or even peanut butter and jelly! (03/27/2008)

By QueenBeeCrafts

Recipes Using Leftover Hot Dog Buns

I have found them really handy for 'melts' (like tuna) or sauteing cut side (w/ garlic butter brushed on) to go w/ pasta dishes. Actually, you can use them for anything you use regular bread for. (03/27/2008)

By doodles

Recipes Using Leftover Hot Dog Buns

spread butter and sugar and cinnamon on them and toast them kids love them (03/27/2008)

By Sharon

Recipes Using Leftover Hot Dog Buns

We love the taste/texture of hot dog or hamburger buns so they never go to waste around here. I like them toasted with butter for breakfast or just a snack. My son will snack on a bun anytime. Sometimes we turn leftover buns into garlic bread by spreading butter on them, sprinkle some garlic powder and bake in the oven. I also sometimes use torn up buns in my salmon patties. (03/27/2008)

By Debbie52

Recipes Using Leftover Hot Dog Buns

You can make croutons out of them; or your own garlic bread. (03/27/2008)

By Maryeileen

Recipes Using Leftover Hot Dog Buns

Make garlic bread! Margarine, garlic salt, parmesean cheese and a sprinkle of cayenne. Broil until bubbky.

another one to try is 1/4 c mayo, 1/2 cup or so shredded cheddar-what ever seasonings your heart desires-then spread on hot dog buns and broil until bubbly. yummy cheesy toasts! (03/27/2008)

By GreenhouseChik

Recipes Using Leftover Hot Dog Buns

Peanut butter and Fluff! I use hot dog rolls for kids sandwiches. Not as much bread means that they can eat more of the sandwich. Tuna, egg salad, meatballs, cheese, etc. (03/27/2008)

By kladybug

Recipes Using Leftover Hot Dog Buns

Actually, you can probably use hot dog buns for the same things you use other kinds of buns for. Break them up for stuffing or dry out and grind for bread crumbs. My personal fave use is: Butter the buns, add cheese and bacon bits and broil in the oven for a snack or fast lunch. (03/27/2008)

By thriftmeg

RE: Recipes Using Leftover Hot Dog Buns

Recipes Using Leftover Hot Dog Buns

I cut the buns into small cubes and bake in oven till golden brown and crispy. Also you can use blender or food processor to make bread crumbs (03/27/2008)

By Sheila

Recipes Using Leftover Hot Dog Buns

I would use the left over hot dog buns for sandwiches. For sausage and peppers (possibly). Maybe even for making my own bread crumbs.

Good luck!! (03/27/2008)

By Shari in Poughkeepsie

Recipes Using Leftover Hot Dog Buns

They make a fabulous bread pudding. (03/27/2008)

By Terri

Recipes Using Leftover Hot Dog Buns

You can cut them in half and put butter on each one. Use a little more then you usually would. Toast them in your oven, or toaster oven depending on number of rolls you use. Keep a eye on them the first time you do this and toast them until they are toasted the way you like them and serve warm with dinner. They are really GOOD like this.
You can make bread pudding with them. Also freeze and use as stuffing. (for stuffing anything actually.)

But freeze them if you do not use them right away. Then if you make a meatloaf, meatballs, stuffing for stuffed pork chops, you just have to take out of freezer open wrapping and let them have some air. This way they will not be damp and have a little time to become a little on the harder side. I have tried all of these ways and they really work. Plus with prices rising and it is supposed to become a lot worse at the grocery store, anything you can save and use later will certainly help you out! Darlene

(03/27/2008)

By Darlene

Recipes Using Leftover Hot Dog Buns

You can use leftover hotdog buns to make "mini" subs. They work for meatball subs, veggie or meat subs like at subway or Quiznos, only smaller. Can be eaten as it, heated in the microwave, or "toasted" in the oven, just like the fast food versions. (03/27/2008)

By bailegirl

Recipes Using Leftover Hot Dog Buns

Breakfast sausage is really good in them. Yummy cinnamon toast. With cheese and spaghetti sauce, you have mini pizzas. (03/27/2008)

By Dianne

Recipes Using Leftover Hot Dog Buns

I make long hamburgers to fit the buns. Everyone loves them. (03/28/2008)

By Lorrie

Recipes Using Leftover Hot Dog Buns

Bread is bread, so there is always "bread pudding"! Tear the buns apart, place in a bowl with a couple of beaten eggs and milk (to the consistency of cornbread mix), sweetener (I use Splenda to save calories), some pineapple chunks, raisins, and vanilla extract. Bake at about 400 or so. Yummy! (03/28/2008)

By Fran from Jonesboro, GA

Recipes Using Leftover Hot Dog Buns

I open the buns, lay them on a cookie sheet, butter one side, on the other side, lay a slice of cold meat topped with American cheese, and slide under the broiler in the oven. WATCH them, as it only takes seconds. The buttered top should be brown, and the cheese should be melted. Take them out of broiler, and place the two sides together. Your family will ask for more! (03/28/2008)

By Mary L

Recipes Using Leftover Hot Dog Buns

Open the buns, butter one side, lay a slice of cold meat, topped with American cheese on the other side. Slide under broiler of your oven. WATCH them, as it only takes seconds for the one side to brown, and the cheese to melt on the other. Take out from under the broiler, and place the two sides together. Your family will ask for more! (03/28/2008)

By normsgamma

Recipes Using Leftover Hot Dog Buns

I'm thinking as a base for Sloppy Joes or extra spaghetti sauce. (03/29/2008)

By Nance

Recipes Using Leftover Hot Dog Buns

I have an old recipe from my mom, you use Velveeta cheese, chopped olives, diced chilies, hard boiled eggs, pimentos, chopped onions and chili sauce. Mix together, and put on the buns, wrap in foil and bake! They don't look great, I won't tell you what my daughter calls them, but they are good, and she always wants some to take camping! (03/30/2008)

By eileen-e

Recipes Using Leftover Hot Dog Buns

I use them to make "mini" pizzas in the toaster oven. Just cut each hotdog bun in half (or tear apart if already halved), lay each half with the cut side up on a cookie sheet. Spread with leftover spaghetti sauce or pizza sauce, top with mozzarella cheese and then melt the cheese under the broiler in the oven or toaster oven. You could also add sliced pepperoni. Watch them closely though 'cause it doesn't take long to melt the cheese. Yummy and quick! (04/01/2008)

By tneisess

Recipes Using Leftover Hot Dog Buns

I use all my extra bread of any kind to make garlic bread in the oven. (04/09/2008)

By denise w

Recipes Using Leftover Hot Dog Buns

Lots of great ideas here! I'll have to try some of them. I've always just made PBandJ sandwiches for the kids with them. (04/16/2008)

By payrollgenius

Recipes Using Leftover Hot Dog Buns

I am adding this for future reference...was in the newspaper the other day:

(05/11/2008)

By Kaelle

Uses for Leftover Hotdog and Hamburger Buns
Sticky Buns
Sticky Buns Recipes
Hot Dog Buns
Recipes Using Hamburger or Hot Dog Buns
Hot Dog Buns
Hot Dog Bun Sandwiches Recipes
Hot Cross Buns on Wood Board
Hot Cross Buns Recipes
🎄
🍂