Recipes and Food Ideas for Mother's Day

Category Recipes
A breakfast tray in bed for Mother's Day.
Making a special meal for mom on Mother's Day is a delicious way to celebrate and also makes a great gift. This page contains recipes and food ideas for Mother's Day.

This pretty hat shaped cake is perfect for Mother's Day or any special event. Follow the easy directions on this page to make your own.

Mother's Day Hat Cake

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Planning a special breakfast for Mother's Day is a nice gift for this important lady. This is a guide about Mother's Day breakfast ideas.

Mother's Day
Breakfast

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

I'm planning a Mother's Day picnic for my DM. She recently lost her husband so I'm trying to plan a low key event with just a small amount of family members. Does any one have ideas of a simple, but special menu?

By Missy Sorg

Anonymous

Hi Missy, So sorry for your mothers loss and glad to see you and a handful of family members are going to treat her to a nice picnic! :-)

My choices would be assorted tortilla roll up sandwiches (which you can make the night before and wrap individually in plastic wrap) or panini sandwiches that can be made the morning of the picnic and wrapped in butcher or parchment paper, an assortment of cheese and crackers, an assortment of fruits like grapes, strawberries, appples, figs and dates, if your mom likes wine select her favorite (don't forget the corkscrew - wink) and an assortment of non-alcoholic beverages. And there's always the old fashioned picnic standby of fried chicken and potato salad.

Hope you all have a wonderful picnic day and especially your mom!

I would go with her favorite foods.

In Australia we have Mother's Day coming up. I'm involved with a group of mums that meet up each week to talk 'baby' stuff and have a cuppa. The next time I'm hosting a morning tea. It will be just before Mother's Day and I'm asking if you ladies have any ideas of what we could do to celebrate, keeping in mind that we all have babies around the age of 1.

Thanks in advance for your ideas!

Tina from Australia

How about you make it like a garden tea-party, or a teddy-bear picnic...so everyone can dress up a little, and someone bring a camera or all chip in and buy a disposable (you didn't mention how many were involved). You could all also chip in to have the film developed. If mums and bubs dressed up you could take nice family snaps of each mum with bub (or bubs) and have them developed for Mother's Day.

You might think of some games like baby races and other such things. A pretty baby contest, or maybe even a bit of a costume contest. Dress yourselves and the little ones up for a mini masquerade.

I'd center it around things that remind you guys how much you love being mothers. Good luck!