Refrigerator Broke Down - Rotten Meat and Fish Smell

How do I get the smell of rotten meat and fish out of the air. The fridge died while I was out of town.

Natalie from Ruston, LA

Answers:

I would wash it with a water and bleach solution and then after it dries put some fresh ground coffee in a bowl on several of the shelves to absorb the odor.

Close the door completely and check til you get results! I used this method with an old refrigerator and after about a week the smell was gone. (05/23/2006)

By Brenree

I had that problem once and the only thing that helped was to get some charcoal from a pet store that's used for an aquarium and put that in dishes in the fridge and freezer. It really works great. (05/23/2006)

By rascal_50

I went through Katrina in MS. I was able to save my fridge so far. A refridgerator man told me to never use bleach, but to always use orange juice (like you drink mixed with water) to clean your fridge and then I put charcoal and coffee in small bowls, it worked great. (05/23/2006)

By boo_baboo@yahoo.com

Burn matches or use other sulfur to remove odor from the air. (05/23/2006)

By Brenda Thompson

Woman holding nose while standing in front of open refrigerator door
Cleaning Rotten Meat Odors from a Refrigerator
Fish Buying Tips
Fish Buying Tips
Hot Tea
Cooling Down Hot Drinks
Saving Money on a Refrigerator, A new side by side refrigerator and freezer in stainless steel.
Saving Money on a Refrigerator
View of the water line.
Flushing a Refrigerator Water Line
🎉
🎄