Removing Burned on Food from Pans

I burned some meatballs in spaghetti sauce in a pot that I forgot was on low flame. I don't have the "muscle grease" to scrub it off. I have tried putting a cloth of fabric softener in soapy hot water, but it didn't work. Any suggestions?

By hearts1 from San Diego

Answers:

Removing Burned on Food from Pans

Boil this pot in water on the stove and it will loosen the stuck on food. (08/12/2009)

By lorraina

Removing Burned on Food from Pans

Place 1/4 cup baking soda in the pot/pan.
Add 1/4 cup vinegar or lemon juice.
Let it foam all over the burned on food.
Next add boiling water to the pan and let it cool.
Clean as usual. (08/13/2009)

By Carly34

Removing Burned on Food from Pans

Put a small squirt of dish soap and some water in the pan and put it on the stove on LOW- MED heat. As the water starts to simmer, take a scrub brush and scrub the pot and the cooked on food will loosen and come right off. Be patient to let the water heat up to a simmer. I have saved many, many pots this way. Good luck. (08/14/2009)

By PainterLee

Removing Burned on Food from Pans

I use the baking powder method suggested above. I sprinkle it on the burned area, Don't stir it, then add 1' or so of water and let it simmer an hour, adding water if needed. It should come off easily. Soaking overnight in this boiled solution adds a little umph. (08/14/2009)

By 903Nana

Removing Burned on Food from Pans

Boil some rhubarb and water in it and it will come clean, just don't burn the rhubarb. Ketchup will clean the outside. Just spread it on, let it sit overnight and wash it off. No scrubbing inside or out. (08/14/2009)

By catastrofy

Removing Burned on Food from Pans

Either boil baking soda and water in the pan as suggested by others or use Dawn's Power Dissolver. (Recommended by Consumer Reports) (08/14/2009)

By Lady Bee

Removing Burned on Food from Pans

If the Scotch green scrubby does not work, put a packet or two of Kool Aid powder, the little packets, not presweetened in the pan and add a little water (just enough to cover the burnt on area). Let it sit for about 15 minutes or 1/2 hour. This forms a low grade acid that works on removing the burnt food. This is used in the military and restaurants to clean the griddles they use. I have used this on both coated and no coat pans. (08/14/2009)

By rosbucs

Removing Burned on Food from Pans

Try covering the bottom of the pan with tomato ketchup or tomato puree leave on for a couple of hours should come off. You might need to re-apply. (08/15/2009)

By irisheyes

Removing Burned on Food from Pans

Put some dry dishwasher detergent in pan and cover it with hot water. Swish around to dissolve powder. Let sit overnight. Gunk should come right off in the AM. (08/15/2009)

By lindal

Baked On Food in Broiler Pan
Cleaning Baked On Food
Cooking with cast iron pans.
Cooking With Cast Iron Pans
A pot with food stuck to the lid.
Preventing Food from Sticking
Dirty Pots and Pans
Cleaning Pots and Pans
Dirty drip pan and stove top.
Keeping Electric Range Drip Pans Clean
🎄