Removing Watermark on Oak Table

How can I remove a watermark from an oak dining table? This has been caused by a putting pottery pot with it's base onto the table. It was obviously porous and the bottom rim must have been damp. I brought it in from the greenhouse. Any help would be much appreciated.

Jan from Leicester, England

Answers:

Removing Watermark on Oak Table

Have you thought of trying an oak stain? I swiped some cherry stain over a cabinet that someone had placed a cup on and it caused a water ring. The stain concealed the mark and I just dabbed it and wiped over the whole top with a paper towel dipped in the stain. Shake can well before using though. Just let dry on its own in a well ventilated room and use a pair of gloves. (02/02/2008)

By Lorelei

Removing Watermark on Oak Table

I have had the same problem before also, I used Old English lemon oil and mine came out beautifully. You can get it just about anywhere and you might want to get some saucers or a nice plate, something to set your pot onto so the moisture won't get to the wood anymore. Good Luck!:) (02/03/2008)

By Shasta

Removing Watermark on Oak Table

Many thanks for tips. Have had some success with toothpaste but will try the other suggested remedies if the watermark still remains. (02/04/2008)

By maricia

Removing Watermark on Oak Table

This will sound crazy, but I have tried this and it works. Rub some mayonnaise on the water spot. Let it sit a while and then wipe off/ buff out. Give it a try. Good luck! (02/05/2008)

By Jayme

Removing Watermark on Oak Table

I had a very nasty white ring on an antique table. I used cigarette ashes and cooking oil. I repeated rubbing till the mark disappeared. (02/05/2008)

By SunshineRose

Removing Watermark on an Oak Table
Table Runner
Making a Table Runner
Poison Oak leaves.
Getting Rid of Poison Oak
Oak Pedestal
Refinishing Oak Furniture
White changing table with drawers below.
Uses for a Baby Changing Table
🎄