Repairing A Cracked Plastic Tub

I have a mobile home and the bathtub edge has cracked over the years and has big pieces out of it. I don't know what the material is, but I need to repair it until I can afford to replace the tub with a shower surround. I have duct taped it, but that is only a stop gap. Anybody got any ideas? It's kind of like a plastic type material, very cheesy.

Linda from Adirondack Mtns, NY

Answers:

Repairing A Cracked Plastic Tub

There is a site called mobilehomerepair.com. There is some great information on how to fix just about anything that has to do with mobile homes. Just Google it and check out their forums.

By falldowngobump

Repairing A Cracked Plastic Tub

I ran into this problem when I was renting a mobile home. I used Bondo. I think that's how its spelled. Its the same product they use to repair fiber glass bodies on car. Instructions are on the can and its not hard to do. (07/01/2008)

By duckie43

Repairing A Cracked Plastic Tub
Restoring a Claw Foot Tub, An old claw foot tub outside.
Restoring a Claw Foot Tub
Claw Foot Tub in Bright Bathroom
Cleaning a Claw Foot Tub
Cracked Fingertips
Remedies for Cracked Fingertips
Hot Tub
Cleaning a Hot Tub
🎄
🍂