Repairing Vinyl Upholstery

I have a tear in my vinyl chair. The kits you can buy are so expensive and tape looks tatty. Can you help please?

By Pam from England

Repairing Torn Vinyl Upholstery

Can you buy upholstered seat cushions for all of your chairs, not just the torn one? Do you know the kind I mean? They have long ties on the back of the cushions to tie the cushions to the back of the chair. If the tear were in the center of the chair, maybe a cushion would cover it.

Or, do you have the kind of chairs that, when you turn them upside down, there are screws bolting the seat to the chair? If you do, you can choose a replacement fabric or vinyl, take the old vinyl off the chairs and reupholster the chairs with one fabric. I have never done it before but I know the instructions are on this site.

Good luck! (06/03/2010)

By metroplex

Repairing Vinyl Upholstery
abstract tree wall decal
Making Vinyl Wall Decals
Cleaning a Vinyl Record
Cleaning Vinyl Records
Photo of spring cleaning supplies.
Cleaning Tar Off Vinyl
Dining room chair with a vinyl seat.
Recovering Vinyl Chairs