Rust Stains in the Bathtub

I have rust stains on an old fiberglass tub. What type of vinegar do I use to remove the stains? Apple cider or white vinegar?

By Linda145 from AR

Answers:

Rust Stains in the Bathtub

Not sure about vinegar, either one shouldn't hurt to try. If that doesn't work try a product called
"Iron Out" you can find it at stores like Lowe's or Home Depot. Good luck. (10/29/2009)

By willsmaw

Rust Stains in the Bathtub

I am thoroughly amazed at how well The Works did on my tub. My husband just squirted some on a sponge and wiped the rust in one swipe. it created a very clean stripe down the wall. We have been scrubbing and scrubbing at this tub, trying to get the rust stains off the wall and tub itself. We tried Lime Away, CLR, and Kaboom. None of them worked, and you were worn out just trying. Thank you for the suggestion of The Works. I'm so glad I found this site. (10/31/2009)

By merejoy