Rust Stains on White Clothing

I need to get rust out of white clothes?

Rita from Pinckney, MI

Answers:

Rust Stains on White Clothing

The old fashioned way was lemon juice and salt and lay out in the sun. However just a squirt of "The Works" toilet bowl cleaner takes out rust, just watch what you get it on. (10/30/2008)

By skeetercat

Rust Stains on White Clothing

I use a product called Carbona. I get mine at JoAnn fabrics but have seen the product in some grocery stores and pharmacies. www.carbona.com or 1-800-carbona. They have several different ones to get out various stains. I really like the product. (10/31/2008)

By Rasta

Iron Out

If this happens often (like it did in my washing machine from my old apartment), you can wash your clothes with "Iron Out". I think I found it at Ace Hardware in the laundry detergent aisle. It prevents the stains, as well as removing them. (11/03/2008)

By Jess

Rust Stains on White Clothing

Get a product called "Rust Stain Remover", found at Ace Hardware. It's a miracle. I always have it in my cupboard and in the bag I take with me when I clean houses. It will remove rust from anything, clothing, counters, sinks, anything. I've been using it for over 30 years after it took rust stains out of my daughter's white painter pants that got left in the washer too long. I don't know if anyone else sells it but I know Ace does. I've never had it fail me and it's never ruined anything. (11/19/2008)

By Kacky

Rust Stains on White Clothing
Removing rust stains from a sink.
Removing Rust Stains from a Sink
Rust stains around tub faucet.
Removing Rust Stains from a Bathtub
Rust and Peeling Blue Paint on Car
Removing Rust from a Car or Truck
Cleaning Rust off of Metal
Removing Rust from Metal
🎄