Sand Fleas

How can I prevent getting bit by sand fleas (aka sand gnats) they are different than "no see ums"? Anyone who lives on the coast in Georgia knows what I am talking about. What can I use to stop them from biting me and my family?

Leah from Brunswick, GA

Sand Fleas

In Florida, where I grew up, to get rid of sand fleas we used regular ol' Deep Woods Off and similar products. You area might have suntan lotions that have bug repellent in them. If not, just apply both the bug repellent and suntan lotion before settling down. The sand that's exposed during low tide will be more compact; you'll find fewer or no sand fleas there. I've found them in areas where the sand is "fluffy" or closer to the parking area 'n road. (12/04/2006)

By gator10tx

Sand Fleas
A cat scratching itself because it has fleas.
Treating a Cat With Fleas
A wall with fleas in it.
Fleas Inside of Walls
french bulldog puppy
Treating Fleas on a Puppy
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding. Upclose photo of a flea.
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding