Securing Kitchen Garbage Bags

To keep the cheap kitchen garbage bags from falling into the can, cut off the top of a pair of pantyhose and put it on the outside of the can. Once you've put the new bag into the can, pull the pantyhose over the edge of the bag. It can be used over and over again since it is on the outside of the garbage can!

By Betty G.

Securing Kitchen Garbage Bags

This would "work" but it would be something my grandma would do. The "look" of the garbage can would be tacky and not clean and professional looking. Why not spend a few cents more for a box of garbage bags that actually work properly? (11/18/2004)

By valleyrimgirl

Securing Kitchen Garbage Bags

I use the bags the stores pack stuff in in my garbage cans,they are free except for an occasional piece of wide masking tape when one has a hole which usually happens where they are joined at the bottom .

They fit all our inside cans and I just did use an elastic band on a new can in my bedroom but I used one off a pair of mom's old undies. She crocheted the fabric into a rug. Why spend money on bags you can get Free?

WalMart accepts their bags back for recycling which we do when they have the colored bags. We keep the clear ones, they are very handy for visible storage. (11/20/2004)

By Linne

Securing Kitchen Garbage Bags

I used to use a bungie cord (color chosen to match the can) and wrapped it around to the back of trash can and used both hook ends hooked together to keep the liner from moving. (11/20/2004)

By mom2_7

Securing Kitchen Garbage Bags
Repairing a Garbage Disposal (Disposer), Man's hands holding a power screwdriver to a garbage disposal.
Repairing a Garbage Disposal (Disposer)
Raccoon looking for goodies in a waste bin
Protecting Wildlife from Your Garbage
Keeping Animals Out of Your Garbage, Raccoon Scavenging Garbage
Keeping Animals Out of Your Garbage
Garbage Bag
Saving Money on Garbage Bags