St. Patrick's Day Hat Centerpiece
This is page is about making a St. Patrick's day hat centerpiece. When planning a St. Patrick's Day party, it's fun to include a decorative centerpiece like this one.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Debra Frick1 found this helpful
This is a quick and easy craft project that is easy enough for an older child to do and with some adult help even a younger child should be able to complete this project. This would make a great centerpiece for your table or to decorate a hall table. You know on St. Patrick's Day everyone is Irish so pull out your best green table cloth and throw your self a great St. Patrick's Day celebration. Time to Complete: 2 hours with dry time
- one small coffee can
- one piece of green felt cut to 5 1/4x13 inches
- two felt circles cut to 6 3/4 inches
- 1 cardboard circle cut to 6 3/4 inches
- gold metallic ribbon
- 1 package foamy shamrocks
- spray glue and regular glue
- white or yellow spring silk flowers (I used white lilac sprays, daffodils, white tulips and ivy) but any spring flowers will do.
- clear silicone caulk
- piece of floral foam for inside of can
- Cut out your felt pieces and spray can with spray glue and then with felt cover can.
- Spray cardboard circle with spray glue and then cover both sides of your cardboard circle with felt.
- With the silicone caulk glue coffee can to center of circle. The caulk will be dry enough to handle and finish your project in 2 hours, but you need to let in dry for at least 24 for a good tight seal.
- Take foamy stick on shamrocks and evenly spread them around your hat.
- Take your gold metallic ribbon and make a hat band.
- Place floral foam inside of can. Arrange your flowers inside of the can.
Related Content(article continues below)
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on January 18, 2017 at 10:33:10 AM on 10.0.2.156 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us