Sunless Tanning Lotion Stained Hair

My hair is salt and pepper and I like it. I love the white. I accidentally got some Coppertone self tanner for your face on some of my hair. It turned the white to a brownish/yellow. It is just a few spots in the front. How do I remove it? I have shampooed, used baking soda paste, and tried green tea paste.

This happened about 3 weeks ago. I am about due for a hair cut. Short of getting a shorter cut than I want, how can I get it out?

By njlhedger from Claysville, PA

You might want to spray some 3% peroxide on the spots to remove the stain. Leave the peroxide on your hair about 15-20 minutes, then wash out.

Thanks. I found that suggestion on the net last night. I mixed peroxide and baking soda, left it on for 15 min. rinsed. It took several applications but before I went to bed I have it all out but one little strand that is still slightly discolored. I plan on working it out today.

Bonus: The white in my hair is really bright and white now.

Perhaps using hydrogen peroxide or a facial bleach might work!

Years ago when my sister would flub up a dye on her hair, she would was it with Tide detergent and it would normally strip out the bad color. Good luck.

My grandmother always used blueing on her hair and it made it the most dazzling white.

Health & Beauty Beauty Hair TipsJune 7, 2011
Woman tanning next to a pool.
Homemade Tanning Oil Recipes
A woman putting on sunscreen.
Fixing Streaks From Sunless Tanner
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink