Sunless Tanning Lotion Stained Hair

My hair is salt and pepper and I like it. I love the white. I accidentally got some Coppertone self tanner for your face on some of my hair. It turned the white to a brownish/yellow. It is just a few spots in the front. How do I remove it? I have shampooed, used baking soda paste, and tried green tea paste.

This happened about 3 weeks ago. I am about due for a hair cut. Short of getting a shorter cut than I want, how can I get it out?

By njlhedger from Claysville, PA

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

You might want to spray some 3% peroxide on the spots to remove the stain. Leave the peroxide on your hair about 15-20 minutes, then wash out.

Thanks. I found that suggestion on the net last night. I mixed peroxide and baking soda, left it on for 15 min. rinsed. It took several applications but before I went to bed I have it all out but one little strand that is still slightly discolored. I plan on working it out today.

Bonus: The white in my hair is really bright and white now.

Perhaps using hydrogen peroxide or a facial bleach might work!

Years ago when my sister would flub up a dye on her hair, she would was it with Tide detergent and it would normally strip out the bad color. Good luck.

My grandmother always used blueing on her hair and it made it the most dazzling white.

Health & Beauty Beauty Hair TipsJune 7, 2011
Woman tanning next to a pool.
Homemade Tanning Oil Recipes
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
A woman putting on sunscreen.
Fixing Streaks From Sunless Tanner
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 5:09:54 PM on 10.0.2.236 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.