Use Luggage for Storage

This is a tip regarding storage of items. When our luggage is no longer usable for travel (broken wheel, ripped pocket, etc., I turn the suitcase into a storage container for seasonal items, extra blankets and holiday linens. It keeps the items clean and ready for future use. Boxes can give off color damage, and plastic tears easily so this is a great way to store things. I use an airline luggage tag to identify what items are stored in each suitcase. Works for me!

By Kathleen from Fort Collins, CO

Answers:

Use Old Luggage for Storage

Using even your current "good" luggage for storage of off-season clothing is a good idea too. After all, suitcases take up the same amount of space whether they are empty or full. Why store empty suitcases and buy storage bins for clothes? (05/27/2009)

By Mary T

Use Old Luggage for Storage

I keep damaged luggage in my basement to give away when needed. I once gave a very large suitcase with a missing wheel to a business associate visiting from India. He had purchased so many things in the U.S. that he needed an additional suitcase to take everything home. He was very surprised to get such a large suitcase that was not to be returned.

Several months later, a colleague said to me, "I have your suitcase!" He had just returned from a business trip to India where he had purchased so many things he needed an additional suitcase to take everything home. The suitcase that had traveled to India returned to the U.S. Perhaps that same suitcase is still traveling the world. (05/28/2009)

By Dacula

Use Old Luggage for Storage

Old suitcases aren't just for storing! I was getting ready to throw out this suitcase as it had a broken zipper. Then, my dog, Cookie discovered it and I ended up cutting the top off and there ya go! A new bed for my doggie! (05/29/2009)

By Lisingreece

RE: Use Old Luggage for Storage

Empty Suitcase
Using Luggage As Storage
luggage
Cleaning Luggage
hand held luggage scale
Weighing Luggage at Home
Homemade Luggage Tag With Pins
Homemade Luggage Tags
American flag suitcase.
Buying American Flag Themed Luggage
🎄