What is the Best Carpet Cleaning Method?

What can clean a heavily soiled carpet better: steam cleaning or dry chemical cleaning?

Holly from Richardson, TX

Answers:

Has anyone used Host Dry?

I saw Host Dry as one of the advertisers on the right of this website. It's a dry cleaning method that is supposed to be green and safe for pets and children. Has anyone had any experience with this product or company? (05/18/2008)

By Linda

I too am from the DFW area and Orek Stores have a dry cleaning rental system called the ORBITOR that works great! I believe it was $50 a weekend plus the dry chemicals (powder stuff) which was like $30. However, the powder lasted forever. When ever I had a spot I would just sprinkle on the spot and scrub in all directions with a bristle brush, let dry and vacuum. Worked like a charm for small jobs. You'll need the actual machine for large jobs. Good luck! (05/19/2008)

By Andjerm

A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
grease stain on carpet
Cleaning Grease Stains on Carpet
Cleaning Your Carpet Without a Machine
Cleaning Your Carpet Without a Machine
🎄