Make Your Own Single Serving Desserts

I got this idea from the single serving desserts that are on the market. I buy a cookie or cake mix and put a few tablespoons of the batter in a single serving Pyrex dish, any small microwave safe cup or bowl will do. Then I add whatever sounds good to me to create a single serving dessert.

Recently I combined oatmeal cookie mix with soy milk and chopped pecans to make a cake batter. I microwaved it for 60 seconds. Most of it turned into a little cake with a bit of syrupy liquid remaining. I put whipped cream on top and it was heavenly. I said to my daughter, "We could have added chocolate chips too." She said, "No, this is perfect."

Currently, I am using a box of brownie mix to make single serving desserts. Mini marshmallows, nuts ,and chocolate chips make a yummy cake. I like soy milk as my liquid ingredient, but you can use milk or water. You can also add pureed fruits or veggies or yogurt for moisture.

This is so much fun. I get to be creative, economical (since I add stuff that is on hand), enjoy a "fancy" dessert, and control portions/calories all at the same time.

By SusannL

This is such a good, original idea. I have some of those "jar" desserts and I'll try it with those. Thank you.

Great idea! You could also use unsweetened applesauce instead of oil and it's almost guiltfree. Thanks!

Single Serving of Cake
Single Serving Cake Recipes
Food and Recipes Food Tips BakingJune 24, 2010
cup of coffee
Homemade Coffee Pods
Craft Ideas for Creamer Containers
Crafts Using Single Serving Cream Containers
Green Valentine's Day Ideas, heart shaped leaf
Being Single on Valentine's Day
A cup of coffee in a white cup.
Making Single Serve Coffee Bags
🎉
🎄