Backyard Campfires

A campfire is for the whole family. All you need are some sticks and a backyard and all of a sudden you have a party everyone wants to attend. Who doesn't remember roasting marshmallows on an open fire? We tend to forget the simplest of things that will be easily remembered by the children of the video generation. Time spent together can be the best time of all!

By vguy from Earle, AR

I love campfires when I am camping for sure but we live right next door to someone who has them in their backyard alot and the smoke just wafts into our windows and makes the whole house smell. I am not sure if it is fair to do that to the neighbors if you live in a suburb where the homes are close together. I shouldn't have to close my windows so my baby doesn't inhale the smoke. What does everyone else think abot this?

I agree, runuts. I have a neighbor that as soon as we get good weather and we can open our windows for the fresh Spring air, he starts his back yard burning of broken, removed tree branches. It really aggravates my asthma, breathing the smoke, so I have to close all my windows. This only happens a few times a year, so I can really sympathize with you having it happen often, with a campfire.