Fun Birthday Games for 2 Year Olds

I need great ideas for games to play at my daughter's birthday. Something I won't have to spend a lot of money on, but that they will have tons of fun. I have a big yard and the party is early in the day so I was thinking something outside. Plus they are 2 years old. If anyone has any ideas let me know please!

By Morgan

I wouldn't think two year olds would need games to play. Just let them run and play like they normally would. Just be t here to supervise. As far as that goes two year olds don't actually need a party other than grandparents, etc.

How about "Duck, Duck, Goose"?

1. Have the kids line up in two horizontal lines facing each other. Give one side of kids a medium ball. They are to throw the ball to the child across from them; if that child catches it, each take a step back. The pair of children who catch their ball at the longest distance from each other wins. (At this age, it'll take some doing, so just play until they get tired of the game!)

2) Have kids line up in two lines, one behind the other. Give the first child a spoon, then put a jelly bean on it. The first child in each line walks quickly with the jelly bean/spoon to a spot (about 10 or 15 feet away), then turns around and gives the spoon to the next child in their line. (If the jelly bean falls down, you can either have them pick it up right on the spot and put it back on the spoon, or have them go back to the start of the line.) When every child in one line finishes their turn, that team wins! This game can also be played with older kids with ping pong balls or more jelly beans!

3) For a non-competitive twist, line up some empty soda bottles (with spaces between each bottle) across from the kids lined up in a horizontal line. Give a medium ball to the first five kids and have them roll (not throw!) the balls to knock down the bottles. If they succeed, stand the bottles up, give the balls to the next group of kids, and see how well they do. This game brings lots of squeals!

Have fun!

Most two year olds are not so great with organized games. I think Duck Duck Goose is about as complicated as they can get. Ring around the Rosie. Blowing bubbles would be tons of fun. How about they have a hunt for treasure, like an Easter egg hunt, but for some other kind of little treat or toy, stuff like bouncy balls or little cars or maybe some M&M's in a baggie? I'd make a variety of things. Two year olds are not so great on taking turns, so stuff they can do all at once is best.

Holidays and Parties Parties GamesMay 6, 2011
Safari Theme Birthday
Safari Theme Birthday Party Ideas
Saving Money on Video Games
Saving Money on Video Games
Birthday Prize Ideas for Adults
Birthday Prize Ideas for Adults
Woman playing Wii
Saving Money on Wii Games
🎄