Ants in My Garden

How do I get ants out of my garden?

Annie from Pensacola, FL

What kind of ants and what kind of garden? If it's red ants in a flower garden, AmDro works great. I don't know about a safe insecticide to use in a vegetable garden.

You can pour boiling water on ant hills. They hate vinegar, but it will kill plants and grass so be careful. I have put tea trea and lavender oil at my door and have not seen an ant ever again. They have that at the Health Food Store, Also, Dish soap in warm water, sprayed around will kill them.

I know this works great...Just get some instant grits and sprinkle it in your garden. The ants will eat it and take it back to the nest and the grits swell and they are gone.

DJHS from Colorado

Home and Garden Gardening Pest ControlJuly 10, 2007
Ants on a Trumpet Vine
Keeping Ants Off a Trumpet Vine
spoonful of sugar
Can You Use Sugar Contaminated By Ants?
ant and single dandelion seed
Benefits of Ants in Your Garden
Flying ant on a white background.
Getting Rid of Flying Ants