Use Old Broken Instrument As Planter

I am very sentimental and have a challenge regarding getting rid of "special" items, my son's first acoustic guitar from when he was just a little boy, for example. It is missing strings, shows lots of wear, and has no monetary value to speak of. My son doesn't want it and told me to throw it away. Since I can't bring myself to do that I have decided to use it for another purpose.

I was looking at it just this week and it hit me. It is something I want to see daily so I have decided to use it as a planter in my garden. I will find out if any flower has special meaning to him and his fiance and plant that in the opening of the guitar. Now I can enjoy it and when they come for dinners they will see it and it will have meaning for them as well.

By Compltlyme from Sammamish, WA

Beautiful idea!

I wonder if you would have to coat it a couple times, with a clear coating, like Poly, on the inside and outside, so it would not rot and maybe, that would make it last longer?

I was thinking about a similar idea... using a trumpet or anything like a horn, etc., and having some type of flowering plant coming out from the end!

A whole "Musical Garden" theme would be beautiful!

Uses for Old Musical Instruments, Old trumpet on a white background.
Uses for Old Musical Instruments
Home and Garden Gardening Creative PlantersJuly 29, 2011
A broken green dish in several pieces
Reusing Broken Dishes
Geraniums in old wheelbarrow planter.
Making a Wheelbarrow Planter
Flowers Planted in Bicycle Basket
Creative Garden Planters
Recycled wooden chair planter.
Making a Chair Planter