Link: Homemade Dryer Balls

Make your own dryer balls! I ran across this cool how-to for all my DIY chums. This is so easy!

By melody_yesterday from Sedalia, Mo

I just crumple up a piece of aluminum foil into a ball and it takes the static out of the clothes! Never have to use fabric softener - clothes are soft and static free,

This s SO neat! Thanks for the post : )

I read the article and it looks like an easy ad fun project. But I wasn't clear on exactly what is "Felting"

Could you please explain further.

Editor's Note: Here is a Wikipedia entry on Felt. It is basically when the fibers (wool, in this case) compress and mat together. There are several how to's on felting online if you want to actually make felt.

I keep 3 tennis balls in my dryer at all times. They help keep the clothes fluffy and you don't need fabric softener sheets or even regular fabric softener. I've used the same 3 tennis balls for over a year now, and they still look like new.

wow!!! what great tips. sue

I have thought about that, but then realized (1) unless you do a lot of knitting with wool, and have lots of remnants, this would be more expensive than buying them; and (2) do I really want those heavy balls sitting, perhaps on a delicate item that can wrinkle, if I don't get to the dryer right away when it has finished?

Has anyone tried it? Are my concerns valid?

sheep wool dryer balls
Homemade Wool Dryer Balls
Do It YourselfSeptember 15, 2008
A pile of yellow tennis balls.
Saving Money on Tennis Balls
wisteria on chainlink fence
Dressing up a Chain Link Fence
Photo of an angel craft made form used dryer sheets.
Making Dryer Sheet Angels
Dryer Sheets
Are Dryer Sheets Safe for Birds?