Craft: Recycled Pop Can Garland

Pierce the side of the can near the top with a knife.Carefully cut out the top, beginning where you pierced it. Then cut down the side and cut out the bottom.

Cut shapes freehand or use a diecutter or trace a pattern on one side with a marker and cut them out. Chain stitch cord or thread or string in between each shape or string them in whatever way you want to adding beads if you like.

I used metallic cord so it should last a little while if I decided to hang it outside.

It is about 8 feet long.

By Melody_yesterday

I just went out and untangled my garland and decided to take a pic. I have several other pop cans I rinsed out that are sitting in the kitchen sink drainer and ready to cut for more usable crafting materials to make more crafts. Exciting, huh?

I love this! Great idea! I'm impressed with your creativity!

What a cute idea. How about making them for the holidays and spray painting accordingly?

Perhaps you could sell these to local gardeners to keep animals out of trees and gardens. The light bouncing off the ornaments should keep animals away and decorate your yard at the same time. Nice way to recycle!

Crafts Using Soda Cans
Crafts Using Soda Cans
Crafts Recycled Crafts DecorFebruary 22, 2010
Angel made from a recycled green pop bottle.
Making a Pop Bottle Angel
Pop bottle fish with colorful streamers for its tail.
Making Pop Bottle Fish
Two pop bottle fish hanging in a window.
Making a Pop Bottle Fish Mobile
Soda Can Lantern as Outdoor Decor
Making a Soda Can Lantern
🎉
🎄