Fast and Easy Baby Quilt Ideas

Does anyone have a fast, easy quilt idea for a new baby?

Nicole from Canada

If you're not into sewing or just don't have the time, make a tied fleece blanket. They are easy and only require a few hours of your time. You can even make them while watching your favorite television program. There are a lot of website that have instructions and measurements.

I've bought the most adorable baby quilts from a lady on Ebay! Her work is gorgeous and the prices are incredible! You can even have her make you a custom order if you want. If you are familiar with Ebay, all you have to do is go to 'community' and enter: barbnally in the box that says 'find a member.' (That's the quilt lady's ebay name.) Then it will bring up a list of names that match that name or are similar.

You'll know you've got the right name if next to the name it says from Tampa, FL. Then you just click on 'seller's items' at the far right and you'll go directly to the items she has for sale. I swear you will love this woman's quilts! GORGEOUS! Hope that helps! -Lee

My family has made mulitple quilts for the grandchildren by sewing flannal squares together into rows, and then sewing the rows together to form a big square (quilt size square). Then we attach batting (the white, soft stuff in most quilts) and a fleece square (as large as the flannal square part) on the back and sew together. Then just pull thread through every other square to insure that the batting doesn't slip around when it's washed. I hope this helps. The tying quilt idea works really well also. It's quick, easy, soft and looks really cool when finished.

Blessings, Abby

You can buy already made quilts and all you have to do is put a ribbon around the edges for about $10.00 at Wal-Mart that's what I do for all my friends that have babies and you add your own personal touch.

Baby Quilt
Baby Quilt Ideas
Crafts QuiltingDecember 4, 2008
Up close photo of quilt binding.
Binding a Quilt
Paper pieced quilt top, endless chains pattern.
Making a Paper Pieced Quilt
A pile of old photos.
Making a Photo Quilt
Decorations and food on a table at a baby shower.
Baby Shower Ideas