"Fried Ice Cream"
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 1/2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
- Heat butter and sugar until melted.
- Add rest of ingredients except ice cream.
- Stir well.
- Press half of mixture into 9 x 12 casserole dish.
- Spread with ice cream.
- Top with rest of mixture.
When ready to serve, pull it out of the freezer and cut it into serving size pieces. Top with a drizzling of chocolate syrup and a maraschino cherry for an extra flair.
Source: Clipped from a newspaper over 30 years ago. I have made it for my now grown sons for years and they still love it.
By Sandy from Elon, NC
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Related Content(article continues below)
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on February 14, 2017 at 10:13:39 PM on 10.0.2.64 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us