Browsing: Getting Rid of Moths

No Moths Without Using Mothballs

I'm going to put a dresser up in the attic to store clothes and I'm just wondering if anyone has ideas/tips on how to keep the moths away without using moth balls because I heard they do damage to clothing plus the smell is so overpowering and hard to get out of the clothing. Thanks for any advice you might have.

Jenny from Wisconsin

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I've always heard that moths only eat wool that is not completely clean. Lavender, rose petals, and dried lemon peel are supposed to repel moths. Cedar chips and cedar oil also help. Good luck.

Hi,why don't you buy those plastic storage bags that you vacuum all the air out. You can store more things and you can use the bags over and over again. I think Walmart would have them.

Lavender has been used for centuries for all kinds of things including moth repelling. You can buy dried lavender by the pound and put an ounce or two into small bags or tie up in handkerchiefs. Place a couple in each drawer of the dresser or in any closet to keep linens beautifully fresh, and free of moths. Enjoy. You will probably become a lavender lover. It smells so good!

An up close photo of a moth.
Getting Rid of Moths
Home and Garden Pest Control MothsJuly 14, 2004
Old couch that smells like mothballs.
Removing Mothball Smell from Furniture
Mothballs
Health Risks from Using Mothballs
Indianmeal moth
Getting Rid of Pantry Moths
Colored Naphthalene Balls
Alternative to Using Mothballs
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 11, 2016 at 12:06:23 AM on 10.0.2.253 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.