Dry and Cracking Foot Remedy

What can I use for dry cracking heels?

By Victoria from So. CA

I get this frequently in the summer, as I go around bare foot a lot! What I have found works wonders is Bag Balm; or the bag balm creme which is known as udderly smooth; with the bag balm put quite a bit on, and then put on a pair of socks and in the morning they should be fine! The creme works well if you simply rub it in, let it soak in, which it does really fast, then rub in again etc; usually I do this at night when watching TV.

Good luck!

I recommend Watkins PetroCarbo Salve if they are in really bad shape. It is medicated.

Watkins also has special peppermint foot repair salve and cream that comes in a neat little gift package with a pair of plush socks. They call it the Heavenly Soles Foot Care Set.

You can find it at http://www.buy-vanilla-pepper.com

I think you'll find these help. I hope you have soft feet in no time!

I wish I could remember where, but I just recently read to use diaper rash ointment or cream on your feet to help with the dry, cracking heels.

We've always used Vick's Vapo-Rub on feet though as it's really good for keeping toe nails from getting

dry and brittle for one thing, and a guard against any sort of fungus also. Rub the Vick's in really well, then put on a pair of white socks to sleep in, and the next morning, your feet will feel like new.

It definitely works to keep the nails nice too. Better than anything I've ever used before. Bag Balm is also one of the best all-time remedies for sore feet, cracked heels and britttle nails.

I can remember our doctor always wearing white socks next to his feet even in the daytime with a dark suit on. He just put a black pair on over the white ones, but next to his feet was always white socks. He said our feet sweat a lot, and the dyes in colored socks are not good for our feet. Well, he was our doctor and his word was good enough for me.

I hope this helps you. When feet are sore or are hurting, nothing else feels good either.

Acne astringent pads such as stridex then Eucerin or Vaseline put on socks leave on over night continuous use will result in softer younger heels and feet.

I worked for a pharmacy and heard them say kerasal was the best for that problem.

Several months ago, my feet became very dry and my heels felt like sandpaper. I started putting Avon Silicone Glove hand cream on them at night and in the morning. Now they are soft and smooth and I only use the cream at night after my shower. My feet get cold anyway so I sleep in socks and that probably helps too.

September 5, 2010 Flag

The heels and balls of my feet are cracking badly and are very painful. I've tried everything I can think of and need some help because it isn't working. Suggestions please! Thanks so much.

By Mindy

Dry and Cracking Foot Remedy

My podiatrist suggested this and it works for me: Before you go to bed, cover cracked area with Udderly Smooth Shea Butter Foot Cream (Walmart), then wrap with Saran wrap and carefully put on a sock. Your feet are so smooth in the morning. It may work just as well with another cream. I think the plastic wrap is the trick. (07/24/2010)

By Betty F.

Dry and Cracking Foot Remedy

I have good luck putting on a lot of Vaseline petroleum jelly and then covering with a sock overnight. Also, the foot scraper things (PedEgg thing) works well to get rid of the dry skin. I've also used Heel-Tastic and it works well. (07/27/2010)

By mulberry204

Dry and Cracking Foot Remedy

I use Olay Quench Body Lotion. It works immediately. I would use it several times a day. I hope it will work as well for you. (07/27/2010)

By Danialle

Dry and Cracking Foot Remedy

Fullers Earth is what my husband and I use. Covering with a sock is wise so that it doesn't mark anything else. It soon helps cracks heal up and the hard areas to soften. Hope it works for you. (07/27/2010)

By Anigma

Dry and Cracking Foot Remedy

Prevention is the key, once you have them healed. My feet get callused and cracked and dry in the summer because I wear sandals all the time. Use a callus remover on your feet often to get off the hard dry skin. I do this when my feet are dry. It is far more effective than after a tub. I use a metal scraper, which I got in the drug store. I find it is more efficient than a pumice stone. I sometimes use a pumice stone in the shower on wet feet to smooth them out. A really good foot cream used nightly also helps in prevention. (07/27/2010)

By louel53

Dry and Cracking Foot Remedy

This sounds crazy, but it's true. Some fungi cause this like athletes foot fungus. Get some Lotramin and put this on for about two weeks and you may be really amazed. It does eventually come back though, so keep a tube in your house. Good luck. :) (07/27/2010)

By yoder178

Dry and Cracking Foot Remedy

Wash and dry your feet thoroughly and use a pumice stone to gently exfoliate the cracked skin. Then use a thick cream all over them. Vitamin E cream works very well, but any dense moisturizer will do. Wear socks at night and make sure you keep something on your feet all the time, shoes, slippers, socks, etc. Walking barefooted will only make things worse. You have to do this every day without fail for it to succeed.

If you are worried about fungus, wipe your feet over with apple cider vinegar on a cotton ball. Give them a good soaking and rinse with warm water. If you suffer from smelly feet, soak them in a tub of water as hot as you can stand with a good handful of table salt, then wash as normal. All these methods will reduce the bacteria on your skin and allow the exfoliating and moisturizing to work properly. (07/27/2010)

By Spanish Girl

Dry and Cracking Foot Remedy

Sounds weird, but slather the dry areas of your feet with Vicks Vapo rub. Get a generic, it's cheaper than the name brand. Put it on your feet and put on a pair of socks. Do this before you go to bed. It's the eucalyptus oil in the product that does it. Got this info from my podiatrist. I've used it and it works great! (07/27/2010)

By lovethosehounds

Dry and Cracking Foot Remedy

If you are a diabetic, check with the doctor for care. Get Epsom salts, soak your feet for about 30 minutes in the solution mixture on the package. Then smear your feet with triple antibiotic and top that with plain old Vaseline petroleum jelly. Then apply socks. Wear this to bed a couple of nights to a few weeks. Works great without all the fancy creams, etc.

By T&T Grandma

July 20, 2010 Flag

For dry cracking feet that even doctors have a problem with. I have found that Blue Stuff with Emu Oil heals your feet even if they are bleeding from being cracked. You can get it at Wal-Mart or on TV. I am a diabetic and it's the only thing that helped me.

By Helen

Dry and Cracking Foot Remedy

It is called Blu Emu at Walmart. It is found in the section with muscle rubs, etc. usually runs roughly 10 to 15 dollars per jar. (08/10/2005)

dry heel on foot
Home Remedies for Dry or Cracked Feet
Health & Beauty Beauty Skin Care Dry SkinSeptember 5, 2010
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Restoring a Claw Foot Tub, An old claw foot tub outside.
Restoring a Claw Foot Tub
Claw Foot Tub in Bright Bathroom
Cleaning a Claw Foot Tub
Two bare feet.
Homemade Foot Powder