Browsing: Saving Money on Graduation Announcements

Saving Money on Graduation Announcements

It's getting close to graduation time for many students. Do you have any tips for saving money on graduations announcements? Please share them below.

By Lewis from Port Orchard, WA

Best Answer

Make your own photo announcements/invitations! Take a good picture of the graduate with a plain background and your subject off to the side. Then use photo editing software (like PhotoShop Elements) and type in all the invitation wording to the side on the plain part of the picture. On my son's invitation the background was given a "whitewash" to make the words stand out. We also found a school crest, lifted it off the Internet, and put it on the invitation. Then we just had them printed by a photo developer. They turned out really nicely and didn't cost more than just the cost of printing.

I made mine on Microsoft Word, I scanned my and my brother's Senior pictures (we're twins) and put a photo of us as babies in the middle. I used a half sheet of copy paper. The information was typed up between the photos, under the baby picture. I rolled it up like an old parchment with a ribbon and viola! Just pay for ink! Everyone said it was really cute and I thought they looked great.