Capture Chipmunks With Panty Hose

Chipmunks! I saw one run into the black drainage tube that's attached to the downspout on the side of my house. There is one on each side of the corner of my house. After it ran up the spout, I took a pair of panty hose, pulled a leg over each end, not real easy, but it worked.

My son-in-law ran water down the spout, then shook the drainage hose and the chipmunk ran half-way down the leg of my panty hose. He picked up the panty hose and threw it in a large can and let the critter loose quite a ways from the house. It was hilarious, seeing my son-in-law holding a chipmunk in a pair of panty hose. I will try it again.

By Linda from Brodhead, WI

That is so clever!

I am giggling so hard envisioning the sight of this! LOL! Good for you and your son for safely trapping the critter and taking to a new home :-)

Of course if there were little ones in the nest they all died.

Getting Rid of Chipmunks
Getting Rid of Chipmunks
Home and Garden Pest Control Squirrels and ChipmunksAugust 3, 2009
A chipmunk sitting on a brand.
Keeping Chipmunks Out of a Garden
Making Your Own Panty Liners
Panty Liners
Cleaning a Stuck Panty Liner From Clothing
Uses for Old Pantyhose