How do you make non-dairy Yogurt?

Can anyone tell me how to culture non-dairy yogurt? It is available in some healthfood stores but it is very expensive.

You can make yogurt with soy milk in exactly the same way as you do with dairy milk - either buy a dried ferment to start it or use one teaspoonful of a dairy yogurt in each pot. Once the first batch is made you can continue using a teaspoonful of the last soy yogurt for the next batch. It ferments in the same way and the yogurt is delicious. Add vanilla, sweetening, fruit etc. if wanted, or eat plain or with honey.

Gill

I love this idea. I am highly allergic to dairy and soy as well. Any other suggestions? Also, not sure what you mean about purchasing ferment? I guess they will know in the Health Food Stores. Please help! Thanks.

Appreciate the idea as I am allergic to dairy and soy? Any other suggestions? Thanks.

So if it grows in soy, can it grow in other stuff like nut milks, fruit pruees etc. anything other than soy and milk?

Making Yogurt Without Milk
Making Yogurt Without Milk
Plastic bottles of white drinkable yogurt.
Making Drinkable Yogurt
Mug of slighty lumpy Greek yogurt.
Greek Yogurt Recipes
Bowl of plain  yogurt.
Low Fat Yogurt Recipes
Homemade yogurt in jars.
Using an EasiYo Yogurt Maker
🎄
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 27, 2016 at 8:40:22 PM on 10.0.1.125 in 959 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.