Skin is Peeling After Sun Tanning

How can I keep from peeling after sun tanning? What can you do if you've already started to peel? Is there anything I can use to minimize the peeling?

rjw

I suggest to use vaseline. I use it all the time,it helps dry skin, good luck.

Whenever I got a sunburn, I used to put Noxema on it, which helps it heal faster. It's also rather soothing, taking some of the edge off the burn.

Some people recommend oatmeal, but I've never tried it. Sounds a bit drying to me...?

After 50 years of dedicated tanning, I haven't learned to keep the first sessions short. Having said this, I use an aloe or vitamin E oil based lotion as soon as coming in from tanning, (or should I say burning). It lessens the severity of peeling.

Mix equal amounts by volume of honey and plain yogurt, and smooth on skin. Leave to dry and then remove residue with warm water.

I suggest using aloe. Get the plant itself and use the aloe in the leaves and rub it on. Works on burns and cuts great too!

Health & Beauty Beauty Skin Care TanningFebruary 27, 2009
Freezing Bell Peppers, Canning Bell Peppers, Peeling Bell Peppers, Drying Bell Peppers, Storing Bell Peppers, Growing Bell Peppers, Selecting Good Bell Peppers, Red, Green and Yellow Bell Peppers
Peeling Bell Peppers
Someone peeling a a peach.
Peeling Peaches
An apricot cut in half.
Peeling Apricots
Small stack of nectarines against white background.
Peeling Nectarines
🎄