Information About Caldwell, Idaho

My husband and I are considering moving from Northern Indiana to Caldwell, Idaho. I found some information online, but want more. Can anyone who lives there or nearby give me some more info? How safe is this area? What kind of businesses are there? We own a comic book/collectible toy/used book store and would want to reopen in Caldwell, especially if there is no other store like that.

Are there nice apartments or inexpensive homes to rent? How far away is Boise from Caldwell? What major stores are in town? I found Wal-Mart, McDonald's, Taco Bell in Caldwell. Anything else I need to know? Thanks for your help.

Samaree from Northern Indiana

google;caldwell ID..their home site should come up.It should tell you pretty much about city/town.you should also on line read their local newspaper. and lastly call their Chamber of Commerce for additional info.

Keeper

cityhall@ci.caldwell.id.us

About 5 years ago my dh worked in Caldwell and we lived in nearby Nampa. Nampa is about 20 miles from Boise with easy access on the freeway. Lots of shopping and city life in Boise. Caldwell is about 10 miles farther away and is kind of the step-sister to Nampa. It's a little lower scale than Nampa with a lower cost of living. There are many Hispanics in that area and it has more of a farming emphasis.

It's a nice area to live in with four mild seasons. I'd love to return!

Another good site to explore is city-data.com. You need to register for this site, but there isn't any hassle and I haven't gotten any spam as a result (that I am aware of). Lots of information about every US state and many interesting forums to take part it.

Nancy in NC

I live in Nampa, Idaho and it is about about a 5 minute drive from Caldwell. In the last 5 years there has been lots of improvements to the Canyon county area (nampa/caldwell). I looked in the phone book for comics and collectables and there wasn't much around that I could find, a couple of auction houses. The crime rate is average to most places. I have lived in many places in america, Idaho has some of the best weather. Lots of place to go on the weekend and things to do. Caldwell is less expensive than Nampa. Gas prices as of 8/13 is 4.05 a gallon. All kinds of eateries around and if we don't have it, usually Boise does. You can email me at walkingonthesun24 AT hotmail.com if you have any more specific questions, I will try to answer.

Contact the Chamber of Commerce there and ask for a relocation packet. Most of all, ask if they have a small phone book they can send. It may cost you something for shipping, but it is well worth it. Idaho and Montana and Utah have a company that does phone books for the smaller communities. It will have maps, all the businesses, things to do. When we first thought of relocating to Montana, I got one of these phone books and read it cover to cover, cross referencing businesses and finding them on the maps so I felt like I knew my way around town. it paid off when I started volunteering for our Chamber a week after living here and was able to direct 4 or 5 people to garage sales in the area because I knew the major roads.