Browsing: Getting Rid of Flying Insects

Flying Bugs on My Lawn

I recently just removed about six fruit trees from my back yard, so i would have more lawn and now i have a millions of these little flying insects, maybe gnats. How would i get rid of them? Please respond if you have a solution for this nasty little problem

Fernando from California

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Fernando,

Do you have any standing water on or near your property? We have these little pesky gnats in Missouri, too. They reproduce the same way that mosquitos do. If you can't remove the stagnant water source, try adding a few drops of bleach to the water. Also, contact your locally owned garden center (not the big box type) because they will be familiar with the types of critters that are "bugging" you. Of course they will want to sell you their product, but because they are local and experienced, you will most likely have good results. Good Luck! Joni

Fernando,

I had the same problem. After trying bleach, dishwashing liquid, and a number of other things, I decided to use Diazinon, a recommendation from my neighbor who had lived in Florida, growing oranges. One spray and a few day later, not a single one was around. Give it a try and good luck.

Fernando,

I have the same problem and decided to search online. I seen your comment. Have you found anything out on how to get rid of them?

Roberta

Glendora, CA

swarm of mosquitos
Getting Rid of Flying Insects
Home and Garden Gardening Pest ControlJuly 26, 2004
Patchy unhealthy lawn.
Homemade Lawn Fertilizer Recipes
Child's hand picking an English daisy in the lawn.
Alternatives to Having a Lawn
Removing Bugs from Your Car
Removing Bugs from Your Car
Flying ant on a white background.
Getting Rid of Flying Ants
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 15, 2016 at 11:06:00 PM on 10.0.2.214 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.