Marshmallow Easter Eggs
Easter is almost here and these marshmallow eggs are a fun recipe to make with your kids or to bring to an Easter party.
- 2 Tbsp. Knox gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1 cup white Karo syrup
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- corn starch for hands
- melted milk chocolate
- Mix gelatin and cold water. Set aside until water is absorbed. Combine sugar, hot water, 1/2 cup of the Karo syrup, and cook to the soft ball stage (240 degrees F). Cool a few minutes.
- Beat with mixer at full speed. Add the remaining Karo syrup and all of the gelatin mixture, 1 tablespoon at a time. Beat 7 to 8 minutes after the last addition of the gelatin. Add vanilla.
- Pour into a well greased 7 x 9 inches pan and chill thoroughly.
- Dust hands with cornstarch. Spoon marshmallow out of pan and form eggs. Brush excess cornstarch off and let dry for 1/2 hour on waxed paper.
- Pour melted milk chocolate over eggs and let set. Refrigerate for easier handling.
By Jackie From MA
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on March 20, 2017 at 5:42:23 PM on 10.0.0.253 in 494 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us