Marshmallow Easter Eggs
Easter is almost here and these marshmallow eggs are a fun recipe to make with your kids or to bring to an Easter party.
- 2 Tbsp. Knox gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1 cup white Karo syrup
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- corn starch for hands
- melted milk chocolate
- Mix gelatin and cold water. Set aside until water is absorbed. Combine sugar, hot water, 1/2 cup of the Karo syrup, and cook to the soft ball stage (240 degrees F). Cool a few minutes.
- Beat with mixer at full speed. Add the remaining Karo syrup and all of the gelatin mixture, 1 tablespoon at a time. Beat 7 to 8 minutes after the last addition of the gelatin. Add vanilla.
- Pour into a well greased 7 x 9 inches pan and chill thoroughly.
- Dust hands with cornstarch. Spoon marshmallow out of pan and form eggs. Brush excess cornstarch off and let dry for 1/2 hour on waxed paper.
- Pour melted milk chocolate over eggs and let set. Refrigerate for easier handling.
By Jackie From MA
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Related Content(article continues below)
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on February 23, 2017 at 3:57:58 PM on 10.0.2.237 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us