Making "Gerber" Baby Food Favors

This is a guide about making "gerber" baby food favors for 1st birthday party. A special birthday keepsake can inexpensively be made with baby food jars.

June 28, 2006 Flag

Editor's Note: This tip was entered in the feedback. We asked Donna to send in pictures and she was kind enough to do so.

For my daughter's first birthday party, I made her into the "Gerber" baby by creating new "labels" for the jars. I started with a Word document and inserted a picture of her from my Kodak files, then shrunk the picture down to the size needed to fit the baby food jars. After that, to the left of the picture I typed "ingredients" to include mom, dad, grandparents, and added aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. On the right side of the picture I typed her birth statistics and her height/weight a year later.

I even inserted lines and bars to make her very own "barcode" with the numbers of her birthdate under each bar. I copied and pasted 6 or 7 to a page, cut them out, then glued them to the baby food jar. I filled them with M & Ms, Skittles, and cereal to give as gifts at her birthday party, and for table decorations.

Ingredients: 60% Dad, 50% Mom. Other contributing ingredients include DNA and lots of love from Grandma & Grandad plus blessing from Heaven from Maw Maw & Paw Paw. As well as lots of fun from cousins . . ., Hugs and Kisses from Aunts and Uncles . . .

Top Comment

My husband did this for me over the weekend and I just finished taping them all on (I used double sided tape)! I am so excited to see the look on our family members faces when we give these out! Thanks for such a WONDERFUL idea!

Holidays and Parties Parties Party FavorsNovember 30, 2016
Baby Shower Cookies
Baby Shower Favor Ideas
Homemade wedding favor.
Homemade Wedding Favors
Baby food jar Christmas tree.
Craft Ideas Using Baby Food Jars
Freezing Baby Food. Jar of Baby Food with Spoon
Freezing Baby Food
🎉
🎄