"Gerber" Baby Favors for 1st Birthday Party

Editor's Note: This tip was entered in the feedback. We asked Donna to send in pictures and she was kind enough to do so.

Baby food jars filled with candy as a favor.

For my daughter's first birthday party, I made her into the "Gerber" baby by creating new "labels" for the jars. I started with a Word document and inserted a picture of her from my Kodak files, then shrunk the picture down to the size needed to fit the baby food jars. After that, to the left of the picture I typed "ingredients" to include mom, dad, grandparents, and added aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. On the right side of the picture I typed her birth statistics and her height/weight a year later.

I even inserted lines and bars to make her very own "barcode" with the numbers of her birthdate under each bar. I copied and pasted 6 or 7 to a page, cut them out, then glued them to the baby food jar. I filled them with M & Ms, Skittles, and cereal to give as gifts at her birthday party, and for table decorations.

Ingredients: 60% Dad, 50% Mom. Other contributing ingredients include DNA and lots of love from Grandma & Grandad plus blessing from Heaven from Maw Maw & Paw Paw. As well as lots of fun from cousins . . ., Hugs and Kisses from Aunts and Uncles . . .

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

What a cute idea! I really liked the part about the blessings from heaven from maw maw & paw paw.

Very cute!! I have a 1st birthday party on Sunday and lots of baby food jars.....just the idea I needed!!! Thanks!!

That is the C-U-T-E-S-T idea! Makes me wish I was doing another 1st birthday party for my kids! The older they get the less "cute" the parties get:(

We have a 9 month old granddaughter living with us! This is an AWESOME idea for her first birthday! Thank you for sharing it with all of us!

Wow that's SOOO cute. I bet everyone loved them. Thanks for sharing

Thank you for sharing my daughter 1st B-day party is coming soon, and I plan in making this party favors.

THIS IS THE CUTEST IDEA EVER FOR TABLE CENTERPIECES. I WENT TO A 1ST BIRTHDAY PARTY WHERE THEY WERE THE CENTERPIECES, TOO CUTE! I CONTINUOSLY ASKED WHERE I COULD FIND THE IDEA, BUT NEVER A REPLY...SO, I FOUND IT MYSELF...LOL AND I AM DEF. USING IT NEXT WK. FOR MY LIL'MAN'S 1ST BIRTHDAY PARTY...AWESOME IDEA, VERY CREATIVE THINKING!!!

I love the idea of the baby food jars. What else can I do to make my daughter's first birthday party a Gerber theme.

Has anybody tried to make the labels for the baby food jar? I would love to make them for my daughter's 1st birthday coming up. I tried but was not successful. Can anyone help?

My husband did this for me over the weekend and I just finished taping them all on (I used double sided tape)! I am so excited to see the look on our family members faces when we give these out! Thanks for such a WONDERFUL idea!

Do you have a template? Like the size you used?

Do you still have the template for this one? Can you email it to me?

I'm looking for the template. Does anyone have it to pass on? Thanks!

I was wondering if anyone does have a template. I attempted to do it myself and it did not work. The picture kept moving and I could not figure out how to format it correctly. Please Help! It is such a cute idea and I want to do it for my daughter's birthday in two months.

Cherishedtimes on ETSY.com created a custom label for me for $8. She does wonderful work. She also does beautfil invitations. She changed the dimensions of a water bottle label design (1.25 X 7.25) for Gerber jar and it turned out beautifully!

Comment

Crafts Party FavorsJune 28, 2006
Baby Shower Cookies
Baby Shower Favor Ideas
Homemade wedding favor.
Homemade Wedding Favors
Baby food jar Christmas tree.
Craft Ideas Using Baby Food Jars
letters as photo prop
1st Birthday Photo Prop
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 29, 2016 at 4:05:38 AM on 10.0.2.147 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.