Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

"Gerber" Baby Favors for 1st Birthday Party

Pin It
Baby food jars filled with candy as a favor.

Editor's Note: This tip was entered in the feedback. We asked Donna to send in pictures and she was kind enough to do so.

For my daughter's first birthday party, I made her into the "Gerber" baby by creating new "labels" for the jars. I started with a Word document and inserted a picture of her from my Kodak files, then shrunk the picture down to the size needed to fit the baby food jars. After that, to the left of the picture I typed "ingredients" to include mom, dad, grandparents, and added aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. On the right side of the picture I typed her birth statistics and her height/weight a year later.

I even inserted lines and bars to make her very own "barcode" with the numbers of her birthdate under each bar. I copied and pasted 6 or 7 to a page, cut them out, then glued them to the baby food jar. I filled them with M & Ms, Skittles, and cereal to give as gifts at her birthday party, and for table decorations.

Ingredients: 60% Dad, 50% Mom. Other contributing ingredients include DNA and lots of love from Grandma & Grandad plus blessing from Heaven from Maw Maw & Paw Paw. As well as lots of fun from cousins . . ., Hugs and Kisses from Aunts and Uncles . . .

Feedback Forum

Feedback about this article is posted here. Want to contribute? Click above to post feedback.

03/17/2011

Cherishedtimes on ETSY.com created a custom label for me for $8. She does wonderful work. She also does beautfil invitations. She changed the dimensions of a water bottle label design (1.25 X 7.25) for Gerber jar and it turned out beautifully!

By Nicole03/03/2011

I was wondering if anyone does have a template. I attempted to do it myself and it did not work. The picture kept moving and I could not figure out how to format it correctly. Please Help! It is such a cute idea and I want to do it for my daughter's birthday in two months.

By karla01/04/2010

I'm looking for the template. Does anyone have it to pass on? Thanks!

By lhani10/13/2009

Do you still have the template for this one? Can you email it to me?

By Laura07/05/2009

Do you have a template? Like the size you used?

By Susie (Guest Post)01/19/2009

My husband did this for me over the weekend and I just finished taping them all on (I used double sided tape)! I am so excited to see the look on our family members faces when we give these out! Thanks for such a WONDERFUL idea!

By (Guest Post)01/08/2009

Has anybody tried to make the labels for the baby food jar? I would love to make them for my daughter's 1st birthday coming up. I tried but was not successful. Can anyone help?

By k (Guest Post)12/26/2008

I love the idea of the baby food jars. What else can I do to make my daughter's first birthday party a Gerber theme.

By heather11/04/2008

THIS IS THE CUTEST IDEA EVER FOR TABLE CENTERPIECES. I WENT TO A 1ST BIRTHDAY PARTY WHERE THEY WERE THE CENTERPIECES, TOO CUTE! I CONTINUOSLY ASKED WHERE I COULD FIND THE IDEA, BUT NEVER A REPLY...SO, I FOUND IT MYSELF...LOL AND I AM DEF. USING IT NEXT WK. FOR MY LIL'MAN'S 1ST BIRTHDAY PARTY...AWESOME IDEA, VERY CREATIVE THINKING!!!

RE:

By Rocio (Guest Post)05/20/2008

Thank you for sharing my daughter 1st B-day party is coming soon, and I plan in making this party favors.

By tahtah (Guest Post)10/10/2006

Wow that's SOOO cute. I bet everyone loved them. Thanks for sharing

By GrammySheila (Guest Post)08/20/2006

We have a 9 month old granddaughter living with us! This is an AWESOME idea for her first birthday! Thank you for sharing it with all of us!

By Laura07/07/2006

That is the C-U-T-E-S-T idea! Makes me wish I was doing another 1st birthday party for my kids! The older they get the less "cute" the parties get:(

By melinda06/29/2006

Very cute!! I have a 1st birthday party on Sunday and lots of baby food jars.....just the idea I needed!!! Thanks!!

By Dana Sipe [21]06/28/2006

What a cute idea! I really liked the part about the blessings from heaven from maw maw & paw paw.

Post Feedback

Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to share feedback.