Making "Gerber" Baby Food Favors

Category Party Favors
This is a guide about making "gerber" baby food favors for 1st birthday party. A special birthday keepsake can inexpensively be made with baby food jars.

Editor's Note: This tip was entered in the feedback. We asked Donna to send in pictures and she was kind enough to do so.

For my daughter's first birthday party, I made her into the "Gerber" baby by creating new "labels" for the jars. I started with a Word document and inserted a picture of her from my Kodak files, then shrunk the picture down to the size needed to fit the baby food jars. After that, to the left of the picture I typed "ingredients" to include mom, dad, grandparents, and added aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. On the right side of the picture I typed her birth statistics and her height/weight a year later.

I even inserted lines and bars to make her very own "barcode" with the numbers of her birthdate under each bar. I copied and pasted 6 or 7 to a page, cut them out, then glued them to the baby food jar. I filled them with M & Ms, Skittles, and cereal to give as gifts at her birthday party, and for table decorations.

Ingredients: 60% Dad, 50% Mom. Other contributing ingredients include DNA and lots of love from Grandma & Grandad plus blessing from Heaven from Maw Maw & Paw Paw. As well as lots of fun from cousins . . ., Hugs and Kisses from Aunts and Uncles . . .

Top Comment

My husband did this for me over the weekend and I just finished taping them all on (I used double sided tape)! I am so excited to see the look on our family members faces when we give these out! Thanks for such a WONDERFUL idea!

Wow that's SOOO cute. I bet everyone loved them. Thanks for sharing

Thank you for sharing my daughter 1st B-day party is coming soon, and I plan in making this party favors.

THIS IS THE CUTEST IDEA EVER FOR TABLE CENTERPIECES. I WENT TO A 1ST BIRTHDAY PARTY WHERE THEY WERE THE CENTERPIECES, TOO CUTE! I CONTINUOSLY ASKED WHERE I COULD FIND THE IDEA, BUT NEVER A REPLY...SO, I FOUND IT MYSELF...LOL AND I AM DEF. USING IT NEXT WK. FOR MY LIL'MAN'S 1ST BIRTHDAY PARTY...AWESOME IDEA, VERY CREATIVE THINKING!!!

I love the idea of the baby food jars. What else can I do to make my daughter's first birthday party a Gerber theme.

Has anybody tried to make the labels for the baby food jar? I would love to make them for my daughter's 1st birthday coming up. I tried but was not successful. Can anyone help?

Do you have a template? Like the size you used?

Do you still have the template for this one? Can you email it to me?

I'm looking for the template. Does anyone have it to pass on? Thanks!

I was wondering if anyone does have a template. I attempted to do it myself and it did not work. The picture kept moving and I could not figure out how to format it correctly. Please Help! It is such a cute idea and I want to do it for my daughter's birthday in two months.