Making "Gerber" Baby Food Favors

Category Party Favors
Baby food jars filled with candy as a favor.
This is a guide about making "gerber" baby food favors for 1st birthday party. A special birthday keepsake can inexpensively be made with baby food jars.

Editor's Note: This tip was entered in the feedback. We asked Donna to send in pictures and she was kind enough to do so.

For my daughter's first birthday party, I made her into the "Gerber" baby by creating new "labels" for the jars. I started with a Word document and inserted a picture of her from my Kodak files, then shrunk the picture down to the size needed to fit the baby food jars. After that, to the left of the picture I typed "ingredients" to include mom, dad, grandparents, and added aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. On the right side of the picture I typed her birth statistics and her height/weight a year later.

I even inserted lines and bars to make her very own "barcode" with the numbers of her birthdate under each bar. I copied and pasted 6 or 7 to a page, cut them out, then glued them to the baby food jar. I filled them with M & Ms, Skittles, and cereal to give as gifts at her birthday party, and for table decorations.

Ingredients: 60% Dad, 50% Mom. Other contributing ingredients include DNA and lots of love from Grandma & Grandad plus blessing from Heaven from Maw Maw & Paw Paw. As well as lots of fun from cousins . . ., Hugs and Kisses from Aunts and Uncles . . .

Top Comment

My husband did this for me over the weekend and I just finished taping them all on (I used double sided tape)! I am so excited to see the look on our family members faces when we give these out! Thanks for such a WONDERFUL idea!

What a cute idea! I really liked the part about the blessings from heaven from maw maw & paw paw.

Very cute!! I have a 1st birthday party on Sunday and lots of baby food jars.....just the idea I needed!!! Thanks!!

That is the C-U-T-E-S-T idea! Makes me wish I was doing another 1st birthday party for my kids! The older they get the less "cute" the parties get:(