Should the Color of Your Shoes and Purse Match?

Should the colour of your shoes and purse match?

Leslee from Calgary, Alberta, Canada

That's an old-fashioned idea. No, bags and shoes can coordinate - but don't HAVE to go together, although sometimes they do anyway...Look at the pix online - But then there is the sticky issue of black/brown - make sure that your brown is dark enough to wear with black - Put the shoes/bag together & see if they can go along. There all all sorts of variations of brown! Fyi - bags have become more colorful and more of an accessory than previously, when you could just have a good everyday bag....

Back in the day, MATCHING was the WAY it was done! ... But, these days, I don't think it really maters anymore. For only $10 - $12 per year you can subscribe to a fashion magazine like "Allure" or "Glamor" for style ideas. OR next time your're waiting in line at the grocery store, simply pick up a magazine like "People" & take a look at how the celebrities dress.

Me? Well, ... I'm over 50, so it's hard to "teach an old dog new tricks"... so I tend to match my shoes with my purse, but I doubt the younger crowd does this nowadays & I don't think anybody cares, or notices if you do or don't...

I have very colorful pocketbooks - nothing I would ever wear as shoes! Mine don't match and I've never been ticketed or even warned by the Fashion Police.

Most definitely not! Your bag can be a bright contrast to your outfit. Do try to have one main feature though, whether it be your bag, your shoes, or a colorful scarf or top.

Consumer Advice Clothing AdviceSeptember 30, 2007
Dirty tennis shoes.
Cleaning Tennis Shoes
Pink wedding shoes.
Dyeing Wedding Shoes
Man Repairing a Shoe
Repairing Shoes
Purse decorated with CDs.
Making a CD Purse