My sweet little 7 month old pit Rock died this weekend from parvo. I only have this advise for dog lovers, get them the shots they need. It cost us $500 to give him IV at home along with antibiotics and he died any way.
This has to the most heart breaking event in my life with pets so far. If I could do it all over again I would have taken the shot thing much more serious.
By inluvwithmypup from Texas
What a sweet darling he was. I am glad he is not suffering anymore. Years ago, my heeler got Parvo even though it had had it's shots. It had chased a skunk that had it I think. I am glad that the little darling of yours in resting and at peace.
Don't forget to go over the yard with bleach and disinfect everything with bleach before letting another dog in the yard.
Love and blessings,
Peace to you and comfort,
I am so sorry for your loss. I hope that, when the time comes, you will go to your local humane society to adopt another pet. They are so appreciative and loving! Please don't keep beating yourself on the head - learn from what you did, or didn't do, and go forward. God bless you.
My heart aches for you. Losing a furry friend is like losing a very dear human family member. Thank you for reaching out and educating others about parvo and the need for vaccinations. I hope in time you can find it in your heart to adopt another pet. Rock would be happy with that.
Grandma Jan & Kato the Wonder Dog
I'm sorry for your loss. You've given very good advice for other pet owners. Sending you hugs.
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Our lab mix had to be put to sleep in December and I know how much it hurts. Thank you for being brave and smart enough to admit your mistake about the shots and to educate others about it.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!