12 Year Old Party Ideas

Category Birthday
Your 12 year old is on the cusp of becoming a teenager. This can be a difficult party to plan so that all of the kids have a good time. This is a guide about 12 year old party ideas.

13 year old gift ideas

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? 7

Planning a successful birthday party for your young teen can be a challenge. This is a guide about 12th birthday party ideas for girls.

What's a good idea for a 12 year old daughter's party? She's very mature and so are her friends. Please help.

By Zahynia from Pataskala, OH

Best Answer

Why not have an 80's era party. The girls can dress up with big hair, neon colors, fishnets, etc. and have a costume contest. Then you could turn a room into a dance floor with fog machines, bright balloons, and music from the 80's and now. Then you could finish it off with a movie from the 80's like Pretty in Pink. Hope you like the idea.

By Madison S.

Best Answer

A tea party is great at this age. Have the girls dress up to include white gloves, undo hair, etc. and serve finger foods. Cake in the shape of a tea pot, and different flavors of tea to sample. White table cloths and soft music. Include the moms. Later the girls can spend the night. It is really fun especially if the adults gather and it is a great time to get to know the parents that you don't know.

Go through these ideas in the archives with your daughter and see if anything sounds like fun. I see there is also a 13 years old party idea list. She may like something rather low key like a sleepover, pizza and movie night. If not, there are many ideas suggested. Have fun!

Hi, I have a daughter who is 11 years old and will be 12 in a few weeks! She is going on Holiday on her actual Birthday, so I was only going to do something small for her party! What we have decided to do is, go to our local beautician who has offered to give the girls makeovers and new hairstyles! After that we will head home and get some snacks in and play little mini games like, eating cream with maltesers of a plate without using your hands and trying to cut a bar of chocolate and eating it using a knife and fork before someone rolls a six on a dice then you will swap! Then rent a movie out and watch that, and my daughter insisted on doing makeovers in the dark so they will do that before going to sleep, and the next morning they will chill out and go to town and do a bit of shopping where there I have secretly booked a limo to come and drive the girls about then take each one home! I know I said I was going for something small, but it's her twelfth and its her first Birthday she wont be with me for it! I hope this helped!

Let her friends decide then it will be a

fun birthday party try it and see

What are some good ideas for 12 year old birthday parties?

Mari From Rosedale, MN

Answers:

12 Year Old Party Ideas

Why not have an 80's era party? The girls can dress up with big hair, neon colors, fishnets, etc. and have a costume contest. Then you could turn a room into a dance floor with fog machines, bright balloons, and music from the 80's and now. Then you could finish it off with a movie from the 80's like Pretty in Pink. Hope you like the idea. (12/13/2009)

By Mads4

Mari From Rosedale, MN

Answers:

12 Year Old Party Ideas

Why not have a skating party or a bowling party its all fun and you can have boys and girls come to it. That's what I have done for my daughter a few times (05/03/2006)

By Margaret S.

12 Year Old Party Ideas

Have you guys ever thought of a jump house? (02/24/2007)

By Carley

Wing it

A fun idea is have a sleepover and order pizza and stuff. Get ice-cream and lots of snacks, maybe watch a movie, play cards (Cheat and Slap Jack, rock! It's fun I swear),
listen to some music, have make-overs and fashion shows, and stuff like that. If you're quiet then your parents can just go upstairs and they don't have to worry about you, or vice-versa.
The next day have pancakes for breakfast or go to the mall. (03/05/2007)
http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf361033.tip.html

12 Year Old Party Ideas

OKay, I have some ideas for girls who are turning 12, for my b-day party, we went to the mall. There was about 4 groups and a parent with each group. Each group had a list of things to find
around the mall (like get a straw from the food court). So it was really like a scavenger hunt around the mall. It was really fun and was a low price! (03/28/2007)

By Sammy

12 Year Old Party Ideas

GO Rollerskating (01/05/2008)

By Destiny

12 Year Old Party Ideas

If your having boys and girls over have a little fake prom. (01/11/2008)

By pretty14yearold grl

12 Year Old Party Ideas

If you have a trampoline, you can invite over 4ish people and sleep on it! I did it once it's so cool! (07/13/2008)

By Devon<3</p>

12 Year Old Party Ideas

Here are some activities I have done for previous birthday parties.

1. Depending on how many people come to your party buy that many different party favors. Lets say 7 people are come to your party buy 7 different party favors. At home, look for bags of different sizes.
    Start with the first (and smallest) bag and put what you think the best prize is in there (an tape it up). Keep doing this until you think that the layers of the bags with prizes in them go
    from not-so-great, to best. When it's your party get in a circle and pass around the "bundle". Play music and when the music stops, the person with the bag in their hands opens up the bag and gets
    what's inside, so then that person is out. You do this until there are 2 people left. Your guests are or aren't allowed to trade goodies, depending if you are feeling nice or not.

2. If it is in the winter, make gingerbread houses out of graham crackers. Use Marshmallow Fluff to hold it together.

3. For a theme (in the winter) have a beach theme. In the summer, have a winter wonderland theme.

Hope some of these helped! (08/27/2008)

By IB

12 Year Old Party Ideas

Have a dance party and make CDs for your friends. (08/27/2008)

By IB

12 Year Old Party Ideas

For boy birthday parties, you can do like 10 of your friends that are boys and have water gun fights XP. Then you can play Jack Pot which is wicked fun, but I am not gonna bother writing how to play.
Then play spin the bottle! XP joking. Anyway, you can have a hot dog eating contest or a chocolate milk chugging contest. That would be fun for you lugs I bet. You can
pretend you are girls and have a contest to see who seems the most like a girl. Then, if you have siblings, see who is the best at imitating their siblings. Have the guys w/out siblings be the judges.
If you all have siblings then you are all judges. That's all I've got. If you are wondering how the heck a gigrl knows all this, I am a complete tomboy. Like seriously, I won't wear a skirt.
and my hair is probably shorter than half the boys in the country. So yeah.

Love, Cookie Monster (08/30/2008)

By Cookie Monster

12 Year Old Party Ideas

Here's an idea, have a spa party! Do manicures and pedicures and if you have a hot tub, relax and turn on the bubbles! Maybe even sip lemonades in champagne glasses! (09/04/2008)

By Hannah

12 Year Old Party Ideas

I think a pinata is a great idea. Here's my tip if you are having a big party leave disposable cameras around the place and tell people they can pick them up and take photos you'll end up with heaps
of photos of different people and lots of memories! (09/17/2008)

By Rube

my party

As the guests arrived my big brother stood at the door and asked all the gals who had dressed up as pop stars if they were on the guest list. It was well funny because half of them didn't know him.
Then he took them all to the living room and they waited for me to make my entrance. I was upstairs and I was singing they all heard me then I came down the stairs looking like a superstar!
We had karaoke for the rest of the night then they slept over. Great fun for no money! (10/07/2008)

By Ellen

12 Year Old Party Ideas

I took my daughter to a hotel with many of her friends when she turned 11. We got a hotel with waterslides and a hot tub, etc., because it was a cold winter and our house isn't huge. They got to buy stuff
at the gift shop as their "loot bag" (e.g., stuffed animals). They had their own room where mine adjoined. They rented movies but even took our video game systems to hook up to the hotel TVs.
They did each other's nails, etc. In the morning they went to the fancy restaurant downstairs for waffles. It was a good time.

Now she is having a basement party with boys, so I don't know how to plan for this, her 12th. (02/28/2009)

By Tgirl

My birthday is in July but i want to get some ideas so i can start planning the party now. I am turning 12 and I am going in to middle school so I want the party to be the party everyone remembers.

Ashley

Answers:

Throw a Party For You
05/12/2005

Don't throw the party for your friends, throw it for yourself. It would be better to have a few close friends that you would have a good time with then to have many people to impress. As for what to do just pick something that you enjoy or want to do. Sleepovers are always fun or have a luau themed swimming party which punch and music. As long as it's for you.

By Amy

Party in a Camper
05/12/2005

A few month ago, my granddaughter turned 12. Her Mom rented a camping trailer for 1 night, fairly reasonable. It was put in the backyard. The fridge was filled with soda and dips, the cabinets with chips, etc. It slept 6-8, so there were 8 girls altogether. They had music, games and sleeping bags. The neighbors were aware, but they tried to keep the noise low. They were up until 2:00AM. For breakfast, there was a pancake feast. Everyone had a ball.

By Memere

Paint T-shirts
05/18/2005

When my daughter was 10 she had everybody bring an old T-shirt and they painted it. Everybody can sign each others shirt. You just need some stencils or transfers and paint. We also had everybody bring a pizza topping and they made individual pizzas. Of course You can't forget make-up, nail polish, and hair things. Then for breakfast we had donuts and juice. They had a ball.

By C. Lauderback

Dancing Contest
05/21/2005

I am 13 and this year I am inviting all my friends (guys and girls) to my house and we are going to do dancing contests, the limbo, and a game where you get rather large box (you can get them at home depot) and tape and make two teams, and see which team can package a team member first, also we are having a hula hoop contest.

By Devyn

Three Contests
05/31/2005

This year I'm turning 12 and I invited 5 of my friends and I came up with three contest: Dance, supermodel (runway), and singing.

By Sarah

Friendly Water Balloon Fight
06/01/2005

I am putting on my invitations:

"Friendly Water Balloon Fight"

We will have a blast!

By Amy

Slip n' Slide
06/07/2005

I am turning twelve and my mom bought me a double Slip N' Slide, and a Volley Ball/Badminton net, and it should be great!

By Autumn

Rockstar Party
01/22/2006

My birthday party is on February 11th and I am having a rock star party. Get people to come as a rock star. Get a karaoke machine. Change the lights to be colorful. Do each other's make up. If you have a video recorder then film it as a music video or just take pictures.

have fun!

By cassy

Movie Party
02/01/2006

I am hosting a party February 18-19, its a slumber party. Girls only and we get to watch movies and munch on popcorn. The craft that we are doing is mom is baking some shamrock shaped cookies, and we decorate our own cookies with green frosting and sprinkles. t will be so fun! Can't wait.

By Erica

Night Club Themed Party
02/07/2006

I am having a night club theme. I've got all I need. If anyone needs an idea, this is the perfect idea. I even might have virgin daiquiris.

By mARICELA

Beach Hut Party
02/10/2006

For my birthday, I had 11 friends over dressed in beach outfits (costumes bikinis) and we went in the garden. We turned the shed to a beach hut, got out the paddling pool, bought bags of sand and put them down on the grass. We did limbo, hula dancing, etc. It rained and we still had fun! Hope this helps.

By Ally

Beauty Sleepover
02/17/2006

You should go to Kidz Cuts in town and they do up your hair, make up and nails and afterwards have a sleep over.

By Shauna

What do you like to do?
03/02/2006

I am turning 13 teen on March 11, my mom is an artist, so I can say I have some wild parties, for next to no money at all. Make sure your party is something you like. What do you like to do? Do you like sports, art, water, animals? First you need a theme. One good idea is if you have a fish party, you could take a old white bed sheet and hang it up on the wall, and have a contest with paint and marker to see who can draw the best fish.

By birthday hero

Make Your Own Sundaes
04/08/2006

You don't have to throw huge party and spend $200 to have a nice party. Have it at your house, play games and eat build your own sundaes.

By jessica

Fiesta Themed Party
04/14/2006

My son turned 13 last summer and I threw him the HOTTEST party. It was voted the best party and I'm the coolest mom ever. Here's what I did:

I kept the theme, details, and food all a surprise. The theme was Fiesta, the food was all HIS favorites: mac and cheese, nachos (crock pot and chips so they could help themselves anytime), popcorn chicken, quesadillas, and virgin margaritas! I served the kids in the pool with plastic champagne glasses and also had a HUGE glass container with a spout that they could also help themselves to fresh lemonade (soda is messy and expensive). No cake! They will make a mess, I did chocolate covered strawberries.

For fun, much to my sons horror (which turned out to be the hit!), I had organized games.

1) Pass the lemon under your chin to the next person with no hands, if they drop it you are out (tons of giggles from boys and girls)

2) Take M&M's, marshmallows, Jell-O wigglers and whip cream, put it on a plate then everyone races to eat it with their hands behind your back.

3) Piñata with, of course, a blindfold. I had so much fun with this.

4) Water balloon or egg toss is always popular.

5) The limbo was hilarious also.

Now to keep the kids interest you have to have great prizes, Starbucks gift cards with $5 on them worked well unisex, Axe spray went well for the boys, board shorts I found at the $5 Store went well for the girls.

I had borrowed speakers and an amp from a guitar teacher and had music blaring in the backyard from my sons IPOD. For his present I had redone his room and part of it was the back of the door was painted with chalkboard paint, so each guest got to graffiti it and say Happy B-day. It truly was the most fun party for me, I had my daughter and her friend videotaping, making margaritas and helping me in general and they got paid in chocolate.

By curvesrme

Luau Party
04/20/2006

For the Luau Party, I did that once and it was really successful. Try buying leis, hawaiian fruits such as pineapple and coconut, and use lots of colorful streamers and balloons. If you can get a grass skirt, try those too.

By Chrissy