Shortening An Evening Dress

I have a long chiffon evening dress that I need to shorten. Can anyone tell me the proper hem length. Is it to the top of my shoe?

Rose from Malvern, PA

Top of the shoe is fine, especially if you are going to dance or move much. You can take it to the floor, but you might get your heel caught, unless you wear flats.

You have to decide what shoes you are going to wear with the dress,and as Kibby says to the top of the shoe will be fine. Put the shoes you will be wearing on and stand straight,then get someone to pin the dress up for you, you only have to use a couple of pins, then measure from the hem to the pin and mark evenly all the way round.

Consumer Advice Clothing AdviceApril 16, 2008
selecting a wedding dress
Selecting a Wedding Dress
Tablecloth Dress
Making a Tablecloth Dress
Renewing Vows in a Wedding Dress
Choosing a Dress to Renew Your Vows
Buying a Wedding Dress Online
Buying a Wedding Dress Online
🎉
🎄